In this guide we’ll look at the best clumping cat litter for multiple cats.
We’ve compared clumping effectiveness, odor control, litter tracking and cost
to give you our top recommendations.
What is the Best Clumping Cat Litter for Multiple Cats?
More Detailed Multiple Cats Clumping Litter Reviews
Arm & Hammer Platinum Clump & Seal Cat Litter Review
The Arm & Hammer Platinum Clump & Seal Cat Litter is our pick for the best multi cat clumping cat litter. This powerful formula is extremely effective at minimizing odor, using a sealing formula that keeps smells in. This litter contains Arm & Hammer baking soda – another key factor in eliminating odors.
This excellent formula is plant based and is designed to keep dust to a minimum. Its highly effective odor sealing abilities make the Arm & Hammer Platinum Clump & Seal Cat Litter the best cat litter for multi-cat households.
- This litter makes very tight clumps for easy scooping and minimal mess.
- The Arm & Hammer formula is very effective at minimizing odors.
- This litter formula has very fine grains, which minimize dust and make it easy to vacuum up any spills.
- Some users noted that this litter came with a strong perfume smell that was overwhelming.
- This litter is quite heavy, which means that completely emptying and changing the litter box may be challenging for some people.
- Because this litter clumps so well, small clumps can get stuck to your cat’s paws if they are wet, which leads to tracking around the house.
Fresh Step Clean Paws Multi Cat Clumping Cat Litter Review
The Fresh Step Clean Paws Multi Cat Clumping Cat Litter is a powerful clumping litter that keeps your fur babies from tracking particles around your home. The particles in this amazing formula are slightly larger than average, which prevents them from sticking to your cat’s paws.
This litter has a fresh Febreze scent, and they promise 10 days of odor control to keep your home smelling fresh. It clumps very tightly to make for easy scooping, and dust is very minimal. The Fresh Step Clean Paws Multi Cat Clumping Cat Litter is our pick for the best dust-free multi-cat litter.
- The texture of this litter does not get stuck to your cat’s paws, making for minimal tracking.
- This litter has excellent odor control with a Febreze scent, and can minimize waste odors even in multi-cat households.
- This formula creates very little dust, so it won’t irritate you or your cat’s sensitive respiratory systems.
- Some owners found that this litter did not clump tightly enough, making it hard to scoop.
- The texture of this litter is quite coarse and can be hard on your cat’s paws.
- This litter does have an added scent, which some owners found irritating.
Arm & Hammer Platinum Slide Multi Cat Clumping Litter Review
The Arm & Hammer Platinum Slide Multi Cat Clumping Litter is designed to make cleaning your cat’s litter box a breeze. The formula clumps and seals in odors with Arm & Hammer baking soda, which neutralizes them very effectively. However, the litter does not stick to the side of the box, making it very easy to scoop out.
This litter keeps your home smelling great for roughly one week, and is very easy to change with minimal dust. The Arm & Hammer Platinum Multi Cat Clumping Litter is the best non-stick litter on the market for multiple cats.
- This litter is designed to create tight, dry clumps that don’t stick to the side of the litter box and are easy to clean.
- This formula contains very little dust and doesn’t create a cloud when poured.
- The tight clumps help this litter last longer, so you don’t have to completely empty and clean the litter box as often.
- Some owners noted that this litter has a very pungent odor, which they found unpleasant.
- The box this litter comes in is very heavy and may be difficult to handle for some people.
- Because this litter has very fine granules, cats can track it all over the home very easily.
Dr. Elsey's Clumping Cat Litter For Multiple Cats Review
The Dr. Elsey’s Clumping Litter for multiple cats is an incredibly innovative formula that’s developed with allergies in mind. While many cat litters are dusty and can be irritating for those with allergies, this formula is hypoallergenic and dust free. It is unscented and contains natural ingredients that won’t harm you or your cat.
While this formula may be unscented, it still has very effective odor control. It clumps together tightly to dry out waste and prevent odors. It also has larger than average particles, which helps to prevent litter tracking. The Dr. Elsey’s Clumping Litter For Multiple Cats is our pick for the best hypoallergenic litter for multiple cats.
- This litter has excellent odor control to minimize unpleasant smells around the house.
- The formula creates very tight, dry clumps that are easy to scoop up.
- This litter is designed to be hypoallergenic and does not create a dust cloud while pouring or scooping.
- Some owners noted that the clumps can get stuck to the litter box if you don’t clean it often enough.
- Because this litter has a fine texture, it can get stuck to your cat’s paws fairly easily and track around the house.
- Some cat owners found that this litter needed to be changed more frequently than other litters they had tried.
Tidy Cats Clumping Cat Litter For Multiple Cats Review
The Purina Tidy Cats Clumping Litter For Multiple Cats has extremely effective clumping technology to keep odors at bay even in a multi-cat household. It uses a natural formula that clumps together tightly to keep things dry and odor free.
These tight clumps are also very easy to scoop up and clean. You can choose between several different scents or opt for their unscented formula. The Tidy Cats Clumping Litter For Multiple Cats is our pick for the best affordable litter for multiple cats on the market.
- This litter provides very effective odor control, as it is formulated to combat ammonia and other unpleasant smells.
- This litter lasts for a long time, and you get a very large amount for the price.
- The formula has a very mild deodorizing scent. When you scoop, it activates the deodorizer to freshen up the air.
- Some owners noted that this litter does not clump tightly, which can make it difficult to scoop.
- This formula is very heavy, which means that the bag could be difficult to move for some people.
- Some buyers noted that the bag can tear during shipping, creating a mess and wasting product.
Things to Know Before Buying Clumping Cat Litter for Multiple Cats
When you live in a house with multiple cats, you’ll need a litter that is up for the challenge.
With more cats comes more odors and more to clean up.
Here’s what to look for when shopping for a clumping litter for multiple cats.
Ingredients To Look Out For
When selecting any litter, you should always check the ingredients list to see what’s inside. You’ll want to make sure that the litter doesn’t have any particles or chemicals that could be harmful to your cat – or to you! Many people suffer from allergies, and cat litters can exacerbate that problem.
You’ll also want to see if there are any special ingredients for added odor control. Some formulas contain things like baking soda or ammonia, which neutralize odors.
When you have multiple cats in your household, you’ll want a formula that you can trust to form tight and strong clumps. Not only does this make the litter box much easier to clean, but it also minimizes odors by drying out waste. When selecting a litter for multiple cats, make sure it has a clumping formula that dries out quickly and won’t stick to the box.
You’ll Need Multi Cat Size
Families that have multiple cats are going to go through much more litter than those who just have one cat. When purchasing litter, you’ll want to ensure that you buy in large quantities. Many multi cat litters come in boxes as large as 40 pounds to ensure you won’t run out right away.
Finding the best clumping cat litter for multiple cats can be tricky. Our favorite is the Arm & Hammer Platinum Clump & Seal Cat Litter. Its highly effective clumping formula and odor prevention make it easier to keep your home clean, even with multiple cats.