In this guide we’ll look at the best cat litter mats for the US market.
We’ve compared efficacy at catching litter, material, size and cost
to give you our top recommendations.
What is the Best Cat Litter Mat?
More Detailed Cat Litter Mat Reviews
Pawkin Cat Litter Mat Review
The Pawkin Cat Litter Mat is our pick for the best cat litter mat on the market. We love the ultra-durable fabric – it’s thick enough that you can use it with a vacuum! It has a nice mesh crosshair texture that catches loose litter, so your cat won’t track it around the house.
Although this mat is extremely effective at catching litter, it’s also soft, so your cat will be able to walk across it comfortably. A non-slip back ensures that it stays where you want it. When you’re ready to clean it, you can wash it easily with any liquid soap or dish detergent.
This mat comes in an extra large size of 4 by 3 feet. The Pawkin Cat Litter Mat is versatile enough to use in any household, which is why it’s our pick for the best cat litter mat on the market.
- This mat has a crosshair diamond pattern that catches litter and looks nice in your home.
- The mat can easily be vacuumed when you need to clean it.
- It comes in a very large size that is ideal for multi-cat households.
- Some owners complained that this mat had a strong plastic odor.
- While you can easily vacuum this mat, it is not as easy to shake clean as some litter may get stuck.
- Because of the large size, it can be difficult to get this mat to lay flat in smaller apartments.
Moonshuttle Blackhole Cat Litter Mat Review
The Moonshuttle Blackhole Cat Litter Mat has an incredible dual layer design that traps loose pieces of litter and prevents them from tracking around the house. The top layer has a honeycomb pattern with holes that let the litter fall through to the solid bottom layer. To empty the mat, all you need to do is squeeze the two layers.
This mat has a soft texture that your cat will love, and foam provides gentle support for their paws. The mat is also waterproof and very easy to clean. It comes in four vibrant colors to suit your decor preferences. The Moonshuttle Blackhole Cat Litter Mat is highly effective for keeping your home clean and litter free, and is the best dual layer litter mat on the market.
- Not only does this mat trap loose litter, but it keeps it out of sight using a unique dual-layer design
- It’s easy to dump the litter out through the honeycomb texture for easy cleaning.
- Because this mat is made of EVA foam, it is very gentle on the paws.
- This mat is fairly small, so it may not work with larger litter boxes.
- The mat is open on both ends, so litter can fall out accidentally if you pick it up.
- Some owners found that the price was high for the value of the product.
WePet Cat Litter Mat Review
The WePet Cat Litter Mat has a simple but extremely effective design that catches any loose litter as it leaves the box. The top layer has a honeycomb design that lets litter filter through, while the bottom layer is solid. To empty, all you’ll need to do is open the two layers and dump out the excess litter.
This cat litter mat is very eco-friendly. It’s made with a premium EVA foam and does not contain any BPA or phthalates. It comes in four sizes and 10 different colors, so you can choose the one that works best for your home.
This amazing cat litter mat is fully waterproof and is very easy to rinse off when you need to clean it. The leather edges keep any liquid from leaking outside of the litter box area. The WePet Cat Litter Mat is an awesome choice for any environmentally conscious household and is our pick for best eco-friendly cat litter mat.
- This mat has a secure dual-layer design that can catch large quantities of litter.
- It is made with a soft EVA foam that is both comfortable for your cat and environmentally friendly.
- The secure litter-catching pouch is easy to empty into the trash can without creating a mess.
- The mat comes folded, which creates a crease that takes a long time to come out of the mat.
- Although the foam is soft, the mat is thick and can be very stiff, making it jarring in comparison to the space around it.
- This mat can slide around when placed on a wood floor or other smooth surface.
Pieviev Cat Litter Mat Review
The Pieviev Cat Litter Mat has an ultra-durable honeycomb design that stops litter in its tracks. The small honeycomb pattern catches any loose litter, letting it fall to the solid layer below. It’s easy to empty when you need to clean up.
This incredible mat is made from a very thick and durable material that is waterproof and slip-resistant. You can easily hose it down if you need to clean it, and it’s even thick enough that you can vacuum over it. It’s completely scratch resistant as well – a must for playful kitties!
Although this mat is very durable, it’s also soft enough that it won’t irritate your cat’s delicate paws. It’s made with a supportive foam material that’s easy for your cat to walk on. The Pieviev Cat Litter Mat is the best heavy duty cat litter mat on the market, so it’s great for particularly messy cats.
- This mat has a honeycomb design that is extremely effective at trapping loose litter as soon as your cat steps out of the box.
- The mat is waterproof and doesn’t hold odors, making it easy to clean. You can also vacuum the mat if that is your preferred cleaning method.
- The foam on this mat is not only durable, but it is also soft on your cat’s paws.
- The mat comes folded when it is shipped and does not immediately lay down flat.
- Litter can fall out of the mat unexpectedly when you pick it up, so you’ll need to be careful when emptying.
- The holes on this mat are very small, so they may not trap larger litter granules as well.
Gorilla Grip Cat Litter Mat Review
The Gorilla Grip Cat Litter Mat is an amazing mat that will help keep your space clean and litter-free. Not only is it very effective at trapping litter granules, but it also has a very stylish pattern and comes in nine different colors. It’s also available in different shapes, so it’s great if you need a round mat or a mat designed for corners.
As the name implies, this mat has an extremely strong, no-slip grip, so it won’t move around when your cat walks on it. The top has coils and grooves that catch the litter, and you can easily shake it off or even vacuum it when you need to clean. The Gorilla Grip Cat Litter Mat offers excellent value for money, and it’s the best affordable cat litter mat on the market.
- This mat has a soft texture that traps litter granules without irritating your cat’s paws
- It has a no-slip base, so it won’t move around on your floors.
- This mat comes in a wide variety of cute colors to suit your taste.
- When compared to other litter mats, this model is difficult to vacuum.
- If your cat’s urine finds its way onto the mat, it can be difficult to get the odor out.
- Cats with long claws could potentially scratch through this mat due to its softer texture.
Things to Know Before Buying a Cat Litter Mat
There are many things to consider when shopping for the best cat litter trapper mat. You’ll want to make sure that your final purchase is actually effective at catching loose litter and prevents messes. Here’s what to look out for.
Material is Key
First, you’ll want to consider the material on your cat’s litter mat. It will need to be textured appropriately to catch litter, but it should also be soft enough that it won’t irritate your cat’s paws. Many of the best cat litter tracking mat options are made with a soft and supportive EVA foam. When buying a mat, check to make sure that it doesn’t contain any BPA, phthalates, or other ingredients that could harm your cat.
You’ll Need a Litter Trapping Design
Of course, you’ll also want to consider how effective the mat is at catching loose litter. There are two common designs for this. One uses small mesh coils to trap the litter granules, and the other uses a double layer honeycomb pattern that lets the litter filter through to the bottom layer. The best mat to catch litter will securely grab litter so it can’t spill.
It Must Be Easy to Clean
Cats can be messy, so of course you’ll want to ensure that your litter mat is easy to clean. The best litter mats are waterproof, so you can wipe them down in the event of a mess. You’ll also want to make sure that you can easily dump out the excess litter that gets caught in the mat.
Cat Litter Mat FAQ
How to clean a cat litter mat?
Cleaning a cat litter mat is fairly easy – you’ll normally just need to shake it out over a trash can. If your cat vomited or urinated on the mat, you can wash it with a gentle liquid soap.
Using a litter mat is one of the most effective ways to prevent your cat from tracking litter around the house. Our pick for the best cat litter catcher mat is the Pawkin Cat Litter Mat. We love how the durable mesh texture snags loose litter and keeps it in place until you have time to clean. The design looks great in your home, and it’s also large enough for multi-cat litter boxes.