In this guide we’ll look at the best crystal cat litters on the US market.
We’ve compared materials, odor control, ease of cleaning and cost
to give you our top recommendations.
What is the Best Crystal Cat Litter?
More Detailed Crystal Cat Litter Reviews
ScoopFree Reusable Litter Tray & Crystal Cat Litter Review
The ScoopFree Crystal Cat Litter is our pick for the best crystal cat litter on the market. This excellent crystal litter formula has amazing odor control. It also comes with a reusable litter tray that is compatible with PetSafe’s self-cleaning litter boxes, which are sold separately.
This tray is anti-microbial, so it stays cleaner for a longer period of time than other trays. When set up correctly, this self-cleaning litter box can stay clean for several days without needing to scoop. The litter itself is free of dust and does not track around the house. We love the ScoopFree Reusable Litter Tray & Crystal Cat Litter, and it’s our pick for best crystal cat litter on the market.
- This litter is unscented and has very absorbent properties to minimize odors.
- This litter comes with a reusable tray that is durable and long-lasting.
- It works very well with automatic sifting litter boxes, which can save you the time and effort of changing your cat’s litter box.
- Liquid waste can pool at the bottom of the tray if you do not scoop frequently enough.
- This litter has a hard texture, which means it can be a bit unpleasant for sensitive paws.
- It does create some dust when you initially open the bag, although it is still less dusty than clay litters.
Litter Pearls Micro Crystal Cat Litter Review
The Litter Pearls Micro Crystal Cat Litter is a highly effective formula that minimizes odors and keeps your box clean for longer. Your cat will just love the soft texture, which is easy on their paws and won’t cause any irritation. This formula is also extremely absorbent, drying out both liquid and solid waste quickly to minimize odors.
It has a lightweight texture that does not clump or stick to the litter box, which makes for easy cleaning when you do need to scoop. The soft texture makes this one a great choice for kittens, who may have sensitive paws. The Litter Pearls Micro Crystal Cat Litter is an excellent choice for long-lasting odor control, and it’s also the best crystal cat litter for kittens.
- This litter is very absorbent, which minimizes odor.
- When scooped regularly, this litter can last as long as a month before needing a full change.
- The light color makes it easier to see the waste and keep track of your cat’s health.
- Many owners found this litter to be very dusty.
- Since this litter is non-clumping, some odors found it difficult to scoop.
- Since the litter has a very fine texture, it can track throughout the house easily.
Just the Crystals Non-Clumping Crystal Cat Litter Review
The Just The Crystals Non-Clumping Crystal Cat Litter is a very effective and absorbent formula that works to maximize odor control. It comes in a pack with two large bags that will last for a very long time, so they offer amazing value.
The crystals are highly absorbent, drying out solid and liquid waste quickly to minimize odors. Because it keeps smells to a minimum, this litter is great for multi-cat households. It doesn’t track much around the house and is very low on dust as well. The Just The Crystals Non-Clumping Crystal Cat Litter is the best crystal cat litter for multiple cats and is one of our top picks for effective odor control.
- This litter doesn’t have any potentially irritating fragrances or ingredients.
- The crystals are very absorbent, and can last a very long time with regular scooping.
- This litter does not create a large dust cloud when scooping or emptying the bag.
- The crystals in this litter are on the larger side and have a chunky texture that some cats may not like.
- Liquid waste can pool in the bottom of the litter box if the crystals are not stirred regularly.
- Some found that this litter was expensive given the amount of product you get in the bag.
ScoopFree Non Clumping Crystal Cat Litter Review
The ScoopFree Non Clumping Crystal Cat Litter is highly effective for keeping odors at bay. It has a pleasant lavender scent and uses an absorbent non-clumping formula to stay clean for longer. It creates very minimal dust and does not track around the house.
This top-notch formula works well with PetSafe’s self-cleaning litter boxes, which you can purchase separately. The ScoopFree Non Clumping Crystal Cat Litter is a great choice for any cat parent who wants to minimize odors – it’s the best scented crystal cat litter.
- This litter has a pleasant lavender scent that covers up odors.
- It’s designed to work with an automatic litter box for added convenience.
- The texture of this litter means that it doesn’t track throughout the house as much.
- Because liquid waste can start to pool over time, this litter needs to be changed a few times each month.
- Some users found that the lavender scent was irritating.
- Owners with multiple cats found that the odor control was not enough for their needs.
Things to Know Before Buying Crystal Cat Litter
Choosing the best crystal cat litter can be difficult. Here’s what to look for when selecting the right formula for you.
Crystal Cat Litter Material
When selecting a crystal cat litter, you’ll want to check to see what the formula is actually made from. Most crystal cat litters are made from silica and are designed to be highly absorbent. You should also check to see if the litter has any additives – many formulas don’t, but some will have an added scent.
Size of the Crystals
The size of the crystals are another important consideration. Larger crystals can be highly absorbent, and your cat is also less likely to accidentally ingest them. However, they may be uncomfortable for your cat to step on.
Crystal Cat Litter FAQ
What is crystal cat litter and how does it work?
Crystal cat litter is made from a silica formula. The silica is extremely absorbent and dries out both liquid and solid waste. This means you won’t have to clean your cat’s litter box as often as you would with a clay formula.
How do I use crystal cat litter?
Using crystal cat litter is very similar to using other types of litter. Pour the litter into the box with a depth of at least a few inches. The crystals will absorb liquid waste, but you’ll want to stir them every day or so to make sure the crystals are used evenly. Scoop solid waste away every one to two days. You’ll need to change the full box when the crystals have lost their white or blue color and start to give off an odor.
How should I clean crystal cat litter?
Crystal cat litter is easy to clean. Use a scoop with slats to remove solid waste every day or so. When the crystals have become fully soaked, empty them into a bag and throw them away, the same way you would with other cat litters. Make sure you don’t flush them down the toilet, and always wipe down your cat’s box before refilling with more crystal litter.
Crystal cat litter is an excellent alternative to traditional clay litters if you’re concerned about odor control. Our favorite crystal litter is the ScoopFree Crystal Cat Litter. We love how absorbent it is, and it’s very low maintenance for busy cat families. It even comes with an antimicrobial reusable litter tray.