In this guide we’ll look at the best litter boxes for small apartments.
We’ve compared design, ease of cleaning, materials and cost
to give you our top recommendations.
What is the Best Litter Box For Small Apartment?
More Detailed Small Apartment Litter Box Reviews
Pidan Studio Snow House Igloo Cat Litter Box Review
The Pidan Studio Snow House Igloo Cat Litter Box is our top pick for litter boxes in a small apartment. The adorable igloo design not only looks chic in your apartment, but it also prevents litter from spilling out. The door is wide enough for cats to get inside, but small enough to keep dogs out.
This litter box also has a highly innovative grated doorway, which catches excess litter before it spills out. It’s made with food grade materials and treated with ion pure antibacterial technology.
This aesthetically pleasing litter box comes in three different colors and has a scoop included. The Pidan Studio Snow House Igloo Cat Litter Box is our pick for the best litter box for small apartments on the market.
- This litter box has a very aesthetically pleasing design that looks nice in small apartments.
- A grated walkway catches litter that gets stuck to your cat’s paws when they step in and out of the box.
- The litter box is very sturdy and will stay put when your cat steps in and out of it.
- Owners can’t see inside when their cat is using the box, which could be concerning for some people.
- The scoop for the box is designed to be stored inside, which can cause it to get dirty quickly.
- The interior may be a bit cramped for smaller cats.
MS Modern Cat Litter Box Review
The MS Modern Cat Litter Box is an uber-stylish litter box that will look great in a small space. The sophisticated round box comes in green, blue, and pink with light wood accents. The innovative pull-out drawer makes this litter box extremely easy to clean.
One of the things we love most about this box is that it has a magnetic suction cover that keeps messes out of view and minimizes odors. It has a grated step right inside the box to catch loose litter before your kitty exits.
If you’re most concerned about style when buying a litter box, this is the way to go. The MS Modern Cat Litter Box is the most stylish litter box on the market for small spaces.
- This litter box has a very sophisticated modern design that comes in several different colors.
- The litter box has a front door that swings open for easy cleaning.
- The exit has a grate to catch any litter stuck to your cat’s feet and prevent tracking.
- This litter box can make creaking sounds when your cats step into it.
- The magnets and hinge on the front of the litter box need to be lined up perfectly to close.
- The interior of this box is quite small and dark, so it may be too cramped for large cats.
Sweet Barks Cat House Litter Box Enclosure Review
The Sweet Barks Cat House Litter Box Enclosure is an amazing litter box solution that looks great and is easy to clean. It mimics the design of a side table, so you can actually use it as a piece of furniture if your space is particularly cramped. The cat-shaped entrance adds a cute and stylish touch.
This litter box is extremely sturdy, as it is made from engineered wood. Although it’s heavy-duty, it comes with everything you need for easy assembly. The hinged door opens fully for quickie and easy cleaning. The Sweet Barks Cat House Litter Box Enclosure is the best small space litter box for large cats.
- This enclosure goes around your litter box to minimize odors and create a more appealing look.
- The box is very easy to assemble, and you can slide your cat’s favorite litter box inside.
- Because of the way this enclosure is shaped, you can use it as an end table.
- Some owners noted that this enclosure wobbled slightly when their cat moved in and out of it.
- The interior of this enclosure is fairly small, so it may not be right for multi-cat households.
- Some users found that this litter box enclosure was fairly expensive for the price.
ZooVilla Kitty Litter Loo Cat Litter Box Review
The ZooVilla Kitty Litter Loo Cat Litter Box is an incredibly effective litter box that can also work as a piece of furniture. It’s about the same size as a side table, and it completely hides your cat’s litter box from view.
This litter box comes in black or white and pairs well with many different styles of furniture. The entrance is large enough for cats of all sizes, and it contains loose litter to keep it from flying around.
The ZooVilla Kitty Litter Loo Cat Litter Box is our pick for the best litter box container. It works with litter boxes of many shapes and sizes and keeps odor at bay.
- This box has a versatile design that matches many traditional furniture styles and blends in with your apartment.
- The litter box conceals odors while still providing important ventilation for your cat.
- When you need to clean this box, it is very easy to open up and scoop out.
- Some users found that the litter box was a bit squeaky when their cats jumped in and out.
- The assembly instructions are quite vague, which can be very confusing.
- The door has a magnet latch, but it is relatively weak and can come unstuck.
Booda Dome Cleanstep Cat Litter Box Review
The Booda Dome Cleanstep Litter Box is an extremely effective litter box for small spaces. It has a domed design with a large entrance for cats of all sizes. A handle on the top makes it easy to move the litter box as needed.
This model comes in a wide range of colors to suit your preference. It also has an amazing charcoal filter, which we find helps to keep odors at bay. Not only is this litter box effective, but it’s also very affordable – it’s our pick for the best affordable litter box for small apartments.
- This box has small stairs that makes it easy for your cat to get in and out.
- This litter box is very big when compared to other domed models.
- The dome of the litter box unscrews, making it easy to open and clean.
- This box does not fully keep odor in. You may notice some smells if you don’t change it frequently.
- While the stairs catch some of the litter stuck to your cat’s paws, it’s normal for some of the litter to make its way out.
- Some owners noted that it was difficult to put the top of the dome back on after unscrewing it.
Things to Know Before Buying a Litter Box for Small Apartment
When selecting a litter box for your small apartment, you’ll want to ensure that it fits comfortably into your space and prevents messes. Here’s what to think about when searching for the best litter boxes for small spaces.
It Should Be Perfectly Designed For Small Spaces
The size of the litter box is key. If it’s too big, it may overpower a small space or not fit where you want it. However, it needs to be large enough that your cat can get in and out comfortably. In particular, the entrance will need to be large enough for them to move through easily.
Before purchasing, measure the area where you want to place your litter box to make sure it will fit.
When your apartment is small, there’s a good chance that you’ll need to have the litter box in plain sight. Because of this, you’ll want a well-designed litter box that hides litter from view. Stylish design touches can help the litter box fit in more comfortably with your apartment.
You’ll also want to look for design elements that will prevent litter from tracking around the house, like a raised entrance and grated walkway.
It Must Be Easy To Clean
Cleaning your cat’s litter box should never be too much of a hassle. The litter box should open easily so that you can comfortably scoop messes away. It should also be easy to wipe down in between uses.
Finding the right litter box for a small apartment can be very tricky. We love the Pidan Studio Snow House Igloo Cat Litter Box. Not only does it have a very chic design, but it’s also very effective for minimizing odors and preventing litter from tracking around the house.