In this guide we’ll look at the best cat litter scoops for the US market.
We’ve compared design, ease of use, materials and cost
to give you our top recommendations.
What is the Best Cat Litter Scoop?
More Detailed Cat Litter Scoop Reviews
DurAnimals DuraScoop Jumbo Cat Litter Scoop Review
The DurAnimals DuraScoop Jumbo Cat Litter Scoop is our pick for the best cat litter scoop on the market. We love how large it is – this makes it easy to clean an entire box in just a few quick scoops. It’s made entirely from aluminum, so it’s extremely durable.
The slatted scoop has a mirrored finish that won’t rub off or corrode. The handle is covered with molded rubber for a solid grip. It also has an amazing rounded, angled design that keeps litter securely in the scoop as you transfer it and helps to scrape away stubborn messes. The DurAnimals DuraScoop Jumbo Cat Litter Scoop is a highly effective scoop that’s worth investing in, and it’s our pick for the best litter scoop on the market.
- This scoop is made with a durable metal that is easy to sanitize.
- It has a full length handle, which makes it more comfortable to grip while smoking.
- The slats in this litter scoop are an ideal size for catching clumps without wasting excess litter.
- This scoop is slightly heavier than other litter scoops, which can make it harder to balance.
- The coating on the scoop’s handle can peel off over time with regular use.
- Because this scoop has rounded edges, it can be difficult to scrape away litter stuck to corners of the litter box.
WePet Cat Litter Scoop Review
The WePet Cat Litter Scoop is an amazing scoop that will help you get your cat’s box nice and clean in no time. The amazing slatted design picks up clumps while letting clean litter sift through. We love the unique serrated edge, which you can use to loosen any pesky clumps that stick to the box.
It’s made from an aluminum alloy, which is waterproof and resists rust and corrosion as well. The rubber coating on the handle provides an ultra-strong grip, and it comes in nine cute colors. The WePet Cat Litter Scoop is excellent for cleaning your cat’s box with no hassle, and it’s the best affordable cat litter scoop on the market.
- This litter scoop has teeth on the end, which you can use to scrape away any clumps that get stuck to the box.
- Since it is made of metal, it is very durable and easy to clean.
- The scoop comes with 9 different handle colors, so you can choose the one that suits your style.
- Some users found that this litter scoop is too large for their cat’s boxes.
- Some also noted that the teeth on the end of the scoop can make an unpleasant noise while scooping.
- The slats on this scoop are on the wider side, so they may let smaller clumps of litter fall through.
EXPAWLORER Metal Litter Scoop Review
The EXPAWLORER Metal Cat Litter Scoop has an incredible unique design that gives you more control while you’re scooping. It has an extendable handle that can be as long as 40 inches, so you can use it like a shovel. This makes it extremely effective for litter boxes in tight nooks and crannies.
The handle is made from an uber-durable stainless steel. The scoop itself is rounded and has slats to allow litter to pass through. The EXPAWLORER Metal Cat Litter Scoop is the best extendable litter scoop on the market, and it’s a great way to maximize your control while cleaning your cat’s box.
- This litter scoop has a handle that extends to 40 inches, so you can scoop from a further distance with control.
- The scoop is large and rounded, so it picks up large clumps in one piece.
- The rounded edge helps you pick up clumps that may be stuck to the bottom of the box.
- Some pet owners noted that the extendable handle came unscrewed from the scoop over time, although it can be screwed back on.
- Some of the holes on this litter scoop are large, so small clumps can fall through.
- Some users noted that the handle can collapse on its own accidentally because it is very lightweight.
iPrimio Cat Litter Scooper Review
The iPrimio Cat Litter Scooper is a large scoop that’s amazing at cleaning even the peskiest litter box messes. This scooper is very wide and has slats and rounded edges, and the user-friendly design makes it easy to clean up messes with just a few scoops.
It is also made from a durable aluminum with a non-stick coating, so it’s very easy to keep clean. The sturdy ergonomic handle won’t slip and gives you plenty of control. We love the iPrimio Cat Litter Scooper for cleaning up tough messes, and it’s the best metal litter scoop on the market.
- This litter scoop has long, thin slats that catch clumps without wasting litter.
- Since this scoop is very wide, it can clean an entire litter box in just a few passes.
- The non-stick coating on this scooper makes it easy to clean.
- The large square shape of the scoop makes it difficult to get into small corners.
- This scoop is quite heavy, which can make it a bit more tiring to use.
- The handle on this scoop is quite long, which can make it a bit awkward to maneuver.
Gorilla Grip Original Cat Litter Scooper Review
The Gorilla Grip Original Cat Litter Scooper is a top-notch pick for clean litter boxes. This cat litter scooper is very wide and deep, making it easy to cover more surface area. It has slats as well as a textured edge that removes stubborn clumps.
This scooper also has a convenient hook on the end of the handle for easy storage. It’s made from an aluminum material that is non-stick and resists rust and corrosion. The Gorilla Grip Original Cat Litter Scooper is the best oversized litter scoop and is one of our favorites for easy cleaning.
- The teeth on the edge of this scooper help get clumps unstuck from the box.
- It has an ergonomic handle that is very comfortable to hold and provides a good grip.
- The slats are an ideal size, letting dry litter fall through while catching clumps.
- Litter can stick to the front part of the scoop, but it is easy to clean off.
- The large size makes it difficult to use in smaller litter boxes.
- The handle can flex slightly under heavy loads.
Things to Know Before Buying a Cat Litter Scoop
Choosing the best kitty litter scoop for your feline friend can be tricky. Cleaning your cat’s box isn’t always the most pleasant job, and you’ll want to make sure that the scoop you select can get it done fast without making a mess. Here’s what to look for when selecting the best litter scoop.
Materials for Durability & Comfort
The material your cat litter scoop is made out is often a good indication of how durable it will be. Ideally, you’ll want a metal scoop, which is much more durable than plastic. Stainless steel or aluminum are both good choices. The metal should be treated so it won’t rust or corrode over time. Many scoops also have handles that are coated with rubber, which makes the scoop more ergonomic and comfortable to use.
Designs to Look Out For
The design of the litter scoop is another key consideration. It needs to be wide enough that you can clean the litter box fairly quickly, and it should also be deep with rounded edges so that litter doesn’t fall out. Many of the best cat litter scoopers are over five inches wide. Slats are also very important, as they allow clean litter to fall back down into the box while trapping clumps. Many scoops also have textured edges, which you can use to loosen up any clumps that might be stuck in the litter box.
It Should be Easy to Use
Most importantly, the scoop should be easy to use. Cleaning your cat’s litter box is something you’ll need to do almost every day, so it shouldn’t be a hassle. A longer handle with an ergonomic grip will give you more control while you are scooping. Rounded edges can also make the scoop much easier to use, as you’ll be able to fit it into corners and sides of the litter box.
A good cat litter scoop is an essential for any cat owner. While cleaning your cat’s box probably isn’t your favorite task, an effective scoop makes the process a little easier. Our top recommendation is the DurAnimals DuraScoop Jumbo Cat Litter Scoop. We love that it’s made with durable materials that won’t wear down over time. The ergonomic and efficient design makes scooping a breeze.