In this guide we’ll look at the best cat laser pointers for the US market.
We’ve compared design, features, ease of use and cost
to give you our top recommendations.
What is the Best Laser Pointer for Cats?
More Detailed Cat Laser Pointer Reviews
PetDroid Boltz Motion Activated Cat Laser Pointer Review
Our recommendation for the best laser pointer for cats is the PetDroid Boltz Motion Activated Cat Laser Pointer. This cute robo-kitty laser is great way to keep your fur baby entertained, even when you aren’t at home. This awesome laser has a thermal sensor that activated when your cat moves nearby and stays on for five minutes. We particularly love this feature because it ensures that the laser is available when your cat wants to play. It’s easy to mount on the wall with a suction cup, strings, or screws.
This laser has three hours of battery life and a convenient USB charger. You can easily switch between fast and slow modes to suit your kitty’s preferences. The PetDroid Boltz Laser Toy is our top laser pointer because of its incredible thermal motion activated technology.
- The sensor is very accurate, so it’s easy for cats to turn off and on on their own and stay entertained.
- Owners enjoy the different laser motion patterns on this toy, which prevent cats from getting bored.
- This laser pointer is very easy to charge via USB cord.
- This laser pointer makes a beeping sound at the beginning of each play cycle, which can be annoying.
- Some owners found that the suction cup used to mount the laser pointer was not very durable.
- After a few months, some owners found that the laser flickered or moved more slowly.
ZOTO Rotating Cat Laser Pointer Review
The ZOTO Rotating Cat Laser Pointer is a fun and exciting game that is sure to prevent your kitty from getting bored. This top-notch laser pointer has a sleek cat shaped design that can be moved around for maximum playtime fun. This laser has five different angles and three speed settings.
We love this laser pointer because it is very quiet and has two power options – either USB charge or AA batteries. It only turns on for 15 minutes at a time, and then will turn off for 1.5 hours. It even has a handheld manual mode for when you want to control the laser. The ZOTO Rotating Cat Laser Pointer is our top handheld laser pointer option for those who want interactive playtime.
- This laser is completely silent, so it won’t be a distraction or annoyance during the day.
- Since this laser works automatically, you can leave it on while you’re away to keep your cats entertained.
- The laser has several different settings, so you can switch things up to prevent your cat from getting bored.
- Because this laser pointer turns on and off automatically, it can drain the batteries very quickly.
- Some owners found that the charging port and cord were not very durable and needed to be replaced quickly.
- This laser pointer has a very wide range, which means it can be difficult for smaller cats to keep up with.
BENTOPAL Cat Laser Pointer Review
The BENTOPAL Cat Laser Pointer is another excellent laser pointer for active cats. It has a cute cat design and can be used either as a stationary laser or a handheld toy. It has both fast and slow modes, and you can switch between five laser movement patterns for maximum fun.
When you’re away at work, you can set up this laser pointer to turn on for 15 minutes every hour and a half to add stimulation to your kitty’s day. It runs on either AA batteries or USB power, so you have plenty of options when it comes to charging your laser pointer. The BENTOPAL Cat Laser Pointer is one of our favorites for those who want a USB charged option.
- The laser pointer is adjustable and comes with different modes, so you can switch things up periodically to keep your cat interested.
- It comes with the option to use batteries or keep it plugged into a USB port, so there are multiple ways to keep it charged.
- Many owners love the cat shape of the laser and say it looks nice in their homes.
- The laser only moves in circles, which can get repetitive for some cats.
- Many users say that it needs to be placed above a certain height to get the safest and most fun experience for your cat.
- If you opt to use this on battery mode only, the laser drains the batteries very quickly.
Friends Forever Interactive Laser Cat Pointer Review
The Friends Forever Interactive Cat Laser Pointer automatically rotates to keep your cat entertained all day long. This awesome portable devices works well when perched on top of a table or chair to create an exciting laser adventure throughout the entire room. We love that it has a full 360 degree spin radius and three different settings to keep your cat happy. This laser pointer has a 15 minute timer to conserve energy and uses 3 AA batteries. If your cat loves a 360 degree laser game, the Friends Forever Interactive Cat Laser Pointer is a great choice.
- The automatic shut-off function on this laser pointer is very effective, giving your cat an optimal amount of playtime.
- This laser uses randomized patterns, which many owners say helps prevent their cats from getting bored.
- Owners like the long battery life, saying that they can use it for extended periods of time without the battery running out.
- The laser pointer is very lightweight and easy for cats to knock over, but putting the laser on a small platform can help with this.
- This laser does not come with batteries included - you will need to purchase them separately.
- Some owners found that the light wasn’t very bright, so their cat had a hard time focusing on it.
PetSafe Laser Tail Pointer For Cats Review
The PetSafe Zoom Laser Pointer is very unique in that it uses two lasers to create fun and exciting adventure for your cat. Each laser rotates for a full 360 degrees, so it’s a great game for multiple cats or just one very active pet. We love how quiet it is, and it runs for 15 minutes before turning off to prevent over-exertion. This excellent laser pointer uses three AA alkaline batteries for reliable power. The PetSafe Zoomer Laser Tail Pointer is our favorite choice for those who have multiple cats.
- This toy comes with two lasers, so it is effective at entertaining multiple cats at one time.
- The automatic shutoff function means that it is safe to leave on while you are away from home to keep your cats entertained.
- The laser pattern is random and adjustable, which helps prevent cats from getting bored of it.
- This laser does make some noise when it turns on and off, which can be distracting.
- It is very lightweight, which means that cats can knock it over very easily during play.
Things to Know Before Buying a Cat Laser Pointer
If you’ve ever seen a cat chase after a laser, you know just how much fun these electronic toys can be for your furry friend.
Automatic laser pointers are a particularly great way to keep energetic kitties happy while you’re out of the house.
Finding the best color laser pointer for cats can be tricky – you want to make sure you’re spending your money on a toy that’s going to keep your cat entertained. Here’s what to consider when shopping for a laser pointer.
Laser Pointer Design
When selecting a laser pointer, look for a well designed product that will fit in with your space. Many laser pointers have cute cat-shaped designs and make for a fun and whimsical decoration.
Look For a Motion Activated Laser Pointer
While some laser pointers run automatically, motion activated models can sense when your kitty is ready to play. By picking up on movement, they ensure that your cat can play with the laser when they have the most energy.
They also won’t waste battery by running the laser when your cat is sleeping.
Extra Features to Keep in Mind
You’ll also want to consider whether the laser pointer offers any fun extra features. Many laser pointers allow you to adjust the pattern and speed of the light to suit your cat’s preferences and energy level. For example, you’ll be able to choose between fast or slow modes, or choose different laser patterns.
If your cat gets bored easily, a laser pointer is a great way to stimulate them and give them an active challenge. You can also feel confident knowing that your cat has something to play with even when you aren’t home. While there are plenty of excellent laser pointers on the market, the PetDroid Boltz Motion Activated Laser Pointer is our top pick for because of its adorable wall-mounted design and motion sensor.