In this guide we’ll look at the best chew toys for cats on the US market.
We’ve compared design, materials, entertainment level and cost
to give you our top recommendations.
What are the Best Chew Toys for Cats?
More Detailed Chew Toy Reviews
CiyvoLyeen 6 Pack Donut Catnip Chew Toys Review
The Ciyvoleen 6 Pack Donut Catnip Chew Toys are our pick for the best chew toys for cats on the market. This pack comes with six ultra-cute donuts in different colors for your cat to chew on. They contain catnip, which stimulates your cat’s senses and can make them feel energetic and relaxed.
These adorable donut chew toys are made from a soft flannel material that won’t shed or tear as your cat chews on it. They are four inches in diameter, so they’re substantial but aren’t too large for your cat’s mouth. Their durability and cute design makes the Ciyvoleen 6 Pack Donut Catnip Chew Toys the best on the market.
- These chew toys have an adorable donut design and come in six fun colors.
- The four inch diameter makes them an ideal size for growing kittens and adult cats.
- The catnip stuffing can be stimulating or relaxing for your cat.
- The amount of catnip in the toy is very small, so it may not elicit a reaction from every cat.
- You don’t have the option to add more catnip to the toy.
- Some of the donuts have small plastic pieces under the sprinkles to add texture, but these can start to poke out if you are not careful.
Leaps & Bounds Teething Mouse Toy For Kittens Review
The Leaps & Bounds Teething Mouse is a top notch toy for kittens whose teeth are just starting to grow in. This unique toy has several different textures for your kitty to explore. The mouse ears are solid and have a bubbled texture, the body has a netting over the fabric, and the head is a soft plush that your kitty can cuddle with.
All three of these textures are safe for your kitten to chew on as they are teething, and the design is adorable as well. The Leaps & Bounds Teething Mouse Toy is the best chew toy on the market for kittens.
- This mouse toy contains several different textures to keep your cat interested, including textured ears, a soft plush head, and netted torso.
- The ears are designed specifically for teething kittens and provide a great outlet for their energy.
- This toy is very durable and can stand up to regular wear and tear from your cat.
- The plastic on the ears is very hard, which some cats may not like.
- The netting on the torso can tear off over time if your cat is particularly voracious.
- This toy may be too large for very small kittens.
Legendog Catnip Mice Chew Toys For Cats Review
The Legendog Catnip Mice Chew Toy For Cats is a five pack of extremely cute mice chew toys for your cat to teethe on. Each cat has a different color and facial expression, and there are three different color ways to choose from.
These toys contain catnip to spice up your cat’s playtime a little bit more. It’s made from a cotton linen that resists bites and scratches, but is still thin enough for your cat to be able to smell the catnip effectively. The Legendog Catnip Mice Chew Toy For Cats is our pick for the best mouse chew toy for your kitty.
- The catnip in these toy mice make playtime a bit more exciting for your cats.
- They come in a pack of five cute colors, so you’ll have extras if your cats chew them up.
- These toys are very soft and make an excellent stress reliever for your kitty.
- Because these toys are very soft, some cats will chew through them in just a few play sessions.
- The amount of catnip in these toys is quite small, so it may not get a reaction out of every cat.
- These toys are very small, so they can get lost or stuck under furniture in some scenarios.
Pioneer Pet Catnip Chew Toys For Cats Review
The Pioneer Pet Catnip Chew Toys For Cats are small but extremely effective toys that will keep your cat occupied. The set comes with three toys in different colors, and each toy has a woven texture that is particularly fun to chew on.
These chew toys are filled with catnip, which will get your cat excited for playtime. They’re fully non-toxic and safe to chew, and their lightweight construction make them easy to play with for cats of all sizes. The Pioneer Catnip Chew Toys For Cats are the best catnip chew toys on the market.
- These toys come pre-filled with a significant amount of catnip to make your cat’s playtime more interesting.
- They come in three cute, vibrant colors to catch your cat’s eye.
- These toys are very lightweight, which makes them easy for your cat to bat around.
- Some owners noted that the catnip can leak out over time with wear and tear.
- Because they are quite small, not every cat will be interested in them.
- Their small size also means they should be kept away from dogs and other large pets.
Coolfm Catnip Fish Chew Toys For Cats Review
The Coolfm Catnip Fish Chew Toys are fun pillow chew toys that your cat will love to play with. This set of three toys look like realistic fish, and each contains cotton and catnip to make playtime more exciting. They have an ultra-soft plush fabric on the exterior that’s perfect for cuddling.
These toys have a strong catnip smell, so they’re likely to elicit a big reaction from your kitty. Exposure to sunlight makes the aroma even more powerful. The Coolfm Catnip Chew Toy is the best pillow chew toy on the market for cats.
- These fish toys have a very cute and quirky design that will stand out in your home.
- These toys are on the larger side, which makes them great for growing cats who need a challenge.
- The fish toys are very durable and waterproof, so they can handle even the most intense forms of play.
- While these toys do contain some catnip, it is a very small amount that may not capture your cat’s attention.
- The toys don’t unzip, so you can’t add more catnip if you want.
- The large size may make them too big for kittens.
Things to Know Before Buying Chew Toys for Cats
If you find that your cat likes to chew on the furniture, one of the best ways to get them to stop is to purchase a chew toy.
Chew toys not only give them something fun to teethe on, but you can also chase them if they’re feeling adventurous, or cuddle with them when they are feeling relaxed.
Here’s what to consider when selecting a chew toy for your cat.
The Material Should Be Soft But Durable
The material of the chew toy is a very important consideration. It needs to be soft enough for your cat to want to play with, but durable enough that it can withstand chewing and scratching. Many chew toys use a fleece or plush pillow exterior with a cotton interior, which makes it both soft and durable.
The Design Should Be Fun, Safe & The Right Size
The design of the chew toy is another important consideration. If the chew toy has a cute design, it will be much more fun to have around the house. It should also be sized appropriately for your cat. If it’s too small, they could choke on it, but if it’s too big, they may have a hard time fitting their mouth around it.
Consider a Catnip Chew toy
Many popular chew toys contain catnip, and for good reason.
Catnip is a natural herb that gives cats a mild high, and it’s a great way to make playtime a little bit more fun for them.
Some cats will get very energetic and silly when they smell catnip, and this is often followed by a period of calm and relaxation. If you opt for a chew toy that contains catnip, make sure it’s potent enough that your cat will actually be able to smell it.
Chew toys are great to have around the house for your cat to keep them occupied and happy. Our pick for the best chew toy for cats is the Ciyvoleen 6 Pack Donut Chew Toy. These adorable donut chew toys have a cute design and are filled with catnip for an extra fun playtime.