In this guide we’ll look at the best escape proof cat harnesses for the US market.
We’ve compared design, security, materials and cost
to give you our top recommendations.
What is the Best Escape Proof Cat Harness?
More Detailed Escape Proof Cat Harness Reviews
Yizhi Miaow Escape Proof Cat Harness Review
The Yizhi Miaow Escape Proof Cat Harness is our top escape proof cat harness on the market. This incredible harness comes in 10 adorable designs, including fun themes like sailor suit, camo, polka dots, and plaid. It also comes in 5 different sizes for a more secure fit.
This cat harness uses ultra-durable Magic Tape on both the chest and the neck straps, so you won’t have to worry about your kitty escaping. However, the straps are adjustable to ensure a comfortable fit for your cat.
This harness is padded, so it will help your cat feel supported and keep them warm outside. There is also a mesh layer on the inside to provide some extra ventilation. With a cute and comfy design, the Yizhi Miaow Escape Proof Cat Harness is our pick for the best escape proof cat harness available.
- This adorable harness comes in a wide selection of cute prints and sizes to suit your cat.
- This harness offers a comfortable fit that provides plenty of mobility while still keeping your cat safe and secure.
- The velcro on this harness is very durable and secure for escape-proofing.
- Some owners noted that the harness runs on the small side.
- The leash is on the short side, so your cat will need to stay very close to you while they walk.
- The fabric on this harness can be a bit stiff and may need to be broken in.
Rabbitgoo Escape Proof Harness For Kittens Review
The Rabbitgoo Escape Proof Harness For Kittens is an amazing harness that will keep your young kitten safe while they are on the go. It has Magic Tape around the collar as well as a back buckle to keep them securely strapped in while reducing pressure on their small body.
This harness comes in four different colors and is sized appropriately for kittens and small cats. It has soft padding throughout as well as a comfy, breathable mesh fabric on the chest. It has a step-in design and a fast-release buckle that makes it easy to get on and off for fussy kittens. The Rabbitgoo Escape Proof Harness is the best harness on the market for kittens.
- This harness is made with a soft mesh that is very comfortable for kittens.
- Adjustable velcro makes it easy to get this harness off and on, and you can adjust the sizing as your kitten grows.
- The back buckle on this harness is secure and will keep your cat from escaping.
- Because this harness is designed for kittens, you’ll eventually have to purchase one in a larger size in most cases.
- Some owners found that the neck area on this harness was too constricting for their cat.
- These harnesses run small, so they may not fit true to size.
Awoof Escape Proof Cat Harness Review
The Awoof Escape Proof Cat Harness is an incredible cat harness that is adjustable for pets of different sizes. The neck and chest straps are both adjustable, so you can get a secure fit for your cat that will prevent them from escaping.
The leash on this cat harness hooks onto their back to reduce pressure on their small bodies. It also can be used as a seat belt while traveling in the car. The harness is padded and uses breathable mesh fabric for a comfortable fit.
Not only is this harness adjustable, but it comes in two different sizes to better fit your cat. It also has a glow in the dark fabric for better visibility. The Awoof Escape Proof Cat Harness is the best adjustable cat harness on the market.
- The straps on the neck and body of this harness are both adjustable for a better fit.
- The fabric on this harness is a lightweight mesh that won’t irritate your cat’s skin or fur.
- This harness is very durable and can withstand plenty of wear and tear.
- Although this harness is adjustable, it still may be too small for large cat breeds.
- Because this harness has multiple straps to adjust, it can be difficult to put on your cat, particularly if they are fussy.
- Some owners noted that the vest bunches up when the cat pulls on the leash clip.
Rabbitgoo Escape Proof Cat Harness Review
The Rabbitgoo Escape Proof Cat Harness has an extremely effective design that will keep your kitty safe and secure. It comes in seven cute colors and has reflective strips for good visibility no matter where you are.
This harness has four adjustable straps, which makes for a more comfortable and secure fit for your kitty. The safety buckles are very secure as well, but are easy to use when you need to get the harness on and off quickly. The harness has a metal ring on the back, which you can use to attach your favorite leash.
We love how secure yet comfortable this harness is for your cat. Since it’s very easy to get on and off, the Rabbitgoo Escape Proof Cat Harness is the best escape proof harness for stubborn cats.
- This harness features very secure buckles and a durable metal leash hook to prevent escapes.
- The straps are adjustable, which gives your cat a closer, more comfortable fit.
- The breathable mesh fabric is comfortable in all types of weather.
- You can only adjust the harness while your cat is wearing it, which can be tricky if your cat likes to squirm.
- The neck hole does not have a clip, which means that you’ll need to slip it directly over their head.
- The buckles can rub against your cat’s skin if the harness is too snug.
Bingpet Escape Proof Cat Harness Review
The Bingpet Escape Proof Cat Harness is an adorable harness that’s also extremely effective for keeping your cat safe and secure. It has a plaid design that comes in two different colors and sizes. The neck and chest straps are adjustable and have secure plastic buckles.
This harness comes with a top-quality leash that attaches with a secure D-ring. Not only does the vest keep your kitty secure, but it also keeps them warm and comfortable with a breathable and cozy fabric. The Bingpet Escape Proof Cat Harness is our pick for the best affordable escape proof harness on the market.
- This harness is very secure, with durable buckles and leash rings.
- The plaid print on this harness is very charming for both male and female cats.
- You can adjust both the neck and chest for a closer fit.
- Some owners noted that this harness ran small in terms of sizing.
- Although this harness is very sturdy, some cat owners found it to be a bit stiff.
- This harness is only available in one pattern.
Things to Know Before Buying an Escape Proof Cat Harness
Finding the best cat harness that’s escape proof can be tricky.
You’ll want to ensure that the harness is secure enough that your cat can’t get out, without being uncomfortably tight.
Here’s what to look for when selecting an escape proof cat harness for your pet.
The Material Should Be Soft, Comfortable & Scratch-Proof
The material on the harness is a key consideration. It needs to be soft and comfortable on your pet’s skin, and if you live in a place with cold weather, it should also be warm and insulating. However, it should also be breathable for the summer months.
Many of the best cat harnesses use a mesh fabric with padding for extra support. The padding makes the harness softer and minimizes strain from the leash. The material should also be scratch or bite-proof.
You’ll Need an Adjustable, Secure & Escape-Proof Design
The design of the harness is another key consideration. Ideally, it should have adjustable straps around the chest and neck, which keep your cat secure but reduce pressure on their body. The harness should be easy to get your cat in and out of, especially if your cat can be finicky about being touched.
Of course, you’ll want to ensure that your cat’s harness is fully escape proof. This means that each strap needs to have secure buckles, and the straps should be adjustable so you can give your cat a snug, secure fit.
Using an escape proof harness is a great way to take your cat on adventures safely. The Yizhi Miaow Escape Proof Cat Harness is our pick for the best escape proof cat harness. We love its secure adjustable straps and cute designs.