In this guide we’ll look at the best catnip sprays for the US market.
We’ve compared ingredients, effects, quantity and cost
to give you our top recommendations.
What is the Best Catnip Spray?
More Detailed Catnip Spray Reviews
Petlinks Pure and Natural Catnip Spray
Petlinks Pure and Natural Catnip Spray Review
The Petlinks Pure and Natural Catnip Spray is an excellent natural catnip spray that your cat will love for a relaxing playtime. It doesn’t contain any chemicals or pesticides that could be harmful to your cat.
This awesome catnip spray has a light texture that we love to spray on toys, pillows, and blankets for cats to enjoy. It’s potent, so you should only need one or two sprays to get a reaction from your cat. The Petlinks Pure and Natural Catnip Spray is our choice for the best catnip spray for cats.
- Although this catnip spray is enticing to cats, it does not have a scent that might be unpleasant for humans.
- This catnip uses natural oils and doesn’t contain any fillers that could potentially hurt your cat.
- Owners can spray it on many different surfaces without worrying about damage.
- The bottle is on the smaller side and many users found they needed to repurchase after a short period of time.
- The catnip wears off within a few hours, requiring repeated sprays.
- As with all catnip products, some cats won’t respond to this spray.
Meowijuana Catnip Oil Honeysuckle Spray
Meowijuana Catnip Oil Honeysuckle Spray Review
The Meowijuana Catnip Oil Honeysuckle Spray is a great formula that works for both fun playtime and relaxation. This highly effective formula mixes catnip essential oil and distilled water, without any chemicals or other additives that could be dangerous to cats.
It also has a strong mint scent and is highly potent, so it draws a very strong reaction from many cats. The Meowijuana Catnip Oil Honeysuckle Spray is a great choice for cats that need a boost during playtime, and it’s our favorite highly potent catnip formula.
- This catnip oil is very potent and only requires a small amount.
- Spraying this on your cat’s bed or toys can help them relax.
- The bottle is very durable and easy to use.
- Some people found that the smell of this catnip spray was too strong for their preferences.
- Since the bottle is only 3 ounces, you can run out quickly if you are using it frequently.
- Some cats do not like the honeysuckle smell that has been added to the oil.
From The Field Catnip Spray
From The Field Catnip Spray Review
From the Field Catnip Spray is a light but very effective formula that we like to use for both playtime and relaxation with our cats. This brand prides themselves on using fully mature catnip that is less than a year from harvest. This means that it is very fresh and very potent.
While they have a pure catnip spray available, they also have formulas that blend Valerian root or silver vine with the catnip – two other natural herbs that cats enjoy. From the Field Catnip Spray is a high quality choice to maximize your cat’s playtime, and it’s the best catnip spray for kittens.
- This product is made with pure distilled catnip essential oil, which makes it very fresh and potent.
- The catnip is grown in Washington state and is made sustainably.
- This catnip spray is an excellent way to make old toys and scratching posts more appealing.
- Some owners noted that the price of this catnip was relatively expensive given the amount of product provided.
- You may need to re-spray this product frequently in order to keep your cat interested.
- In some cases, the top of the spray bottle came loose in shipping.
Johnson's Veterinary Products Catnip Spray
Johnson's Veterinary Products Catnip Spray Review
Johnson’s Veterinary Products Catnip Spray is a highly effective way to make your cat’s playtime a little more fun and exciting. You can apply it to toys, bedding, or any other products with a quick and easy spray.
It comes in a large 5 ounce bottle, and you’ll only need a few sprays to soak your cat’s toys. Johnson’s Veterinary Products Catnip Spray is a reliable and easy addition to your cat’s playtime routine, and it’s the best lightweight formula catnip spray.
- This catnip spray is quite potent and can generate a reaction from many cats.
- It’s easy to spray this product on bedding or toys without making a mess.
- It comes in a large bottle, and you only need a few sprays for it to work.
- This spray has a noticeable odor, which some owners may not like.
- Some owners noticed that their bottles were prone to leaking.
- This catnip is not designed to be sprayed on delicate fabrics.
Things to Know Before Buying Catnip Spray
When choosing the best catnip spray for your pet, you’ll want to make sure you’re spending money on a high quality product. Here’s what to look for when selecting a catnip spray.
Ingredients to Look Out For
The ingredients are the most important thing to consider when choosing a catnip spray. Most catnip sprays are made with pure catnip oil mixed with distilled water. It’s important that the ratio of catnip oil to water is high enough that it will elicit a reaction from your cat. You should also check to make sure that there aren’t any unhealthy additives that could irritate your cat, such as pesticides, artificial flavoring, or other chemicals.
Catnip Spray FAQ
What is catnip spray and what is it used for?
Catnip spray is a liquid that contains catnip essential oil. These sprays are often used as an alternative to loose catnip, which can be very messy. The scent and pheromones in catnip are very attractive to many cats. Every cat reacts to catnip differently, but many cats will get a boost of energy after inhaling it, and want to run, jump, and roll around. Afterwards, they might experience a feeling of bliss and relaxation.
How do I use catnip spray?
Catnip spray is very simple and easy to use. Just spray once or twice on your cat’s favorite toys, bedding, or any other object you want them to pay attention to. The spray should dry fairly quickly, so there’s no mess. Catnip spray can even be used as a training tool. For example, if your cat keeps scratching on furniture when they aren’t supposed to, you can apply catnip spray to their scratching post to make that more interesting for them.
How long does catnip spray last?
Catnip spray’s effects can vary depending on the specific formula. Cats will normally feel energetic for 15 to 20 minutes before relaxing. If your spray is particularly potent, your cat may still be able to smell it after one use. However, with most catnip sprays, you’ll have to respray items each time you want to get a reaction out of your cat.
Catnip spray is a fun way to keep your cat engaged or help them relax, without the mess of traditional catnip blends. We recommend Petlinks Pure and Natural Catnip Spray – we love how happy it makes our furry friends. With a light texture and an ultra-safe formula, it’s a great addition to playtime.