In this guide we’ll look at the best flea combs for the US market.
We’ve compared flea removal effectiveness, material, design and cost
to give you our top recommendations.
What is the Best Flea Comb for Cats?
More Detailed Cat Flea Comb Reviews
SunGrow Cat Flea Comb Review
Our recommendation for the best flea comb for cats is the SunGrow Cat Flea Comb. This excellent flea comb has long, thin metal teeth to gently remove fleas, dandruff, and any other debris that may have made its way onto your cat’s fur. The durable plastic handle is very ergonomic for a steady grip while you’re brushing.
The teeth are made from a lightweight stainless steel that won’t bend or break. The teeth are also very gentle, so they won’t irritate your kitty’s sensitive skin. The SunGrow Cat Flea Comb is our top pick for effective cat grooming.
- This flea comb is made from a hard, durable plastic that can withstand wear and tear.
- The teeth on this comb are very evenly spaced for an even, effective brush that removes fleas quickly.
- Many owners report that their cats enjoy the sensation of the flea comb.
- Since the teeth on this comb are very fine, it can be difficult to use on cats with thicker fur.
- Some owners found that the handle on the comb is not very comfortable to use.
- Some owners reported that the teeth have broken off after use.
Hertzko Flea Comb For Cats Review
The Hertzko Flea Comb for Cats is another one of the best cat flea comb options. This awesome comb stands out because it has two rows of thin stainless steel teeth. With two rows, this comb is able to pull out fleas and debris from even the thickest coats of fur.
We highly recommend this comb if you’re in a hurry – since it has two rows of teeth, it removes fleas twice as quickly. It’s also completely rust proof, and the teeth are smooth on the end to ensure a comfortable experience for your furry friend. The Hertzko Flea Comb for Cats is a very efficient way to get your pet’s fur looking clean and smooth.
- Since this flea comb has two rows of teeth, it gets the fleas out from the cat’s fur very quickly.
- Although the comb is very effective, it also is quite gentle for cats that have sensitive skin because of its rounded teeth.
- The comb is very easy to clean off after use.
- Some people have reported that the teeth on this comb has started to bend over time.
- The handle on this comb is a thin plastic, and doesn’t come with any extra ergonomic features.
- The teeth are fairly short, so they may not work as effectively on cats with longer hair.
Boao 6 Pieces Flea Combs For Cats Review
The Boao 6 Piece Flea Combs For Cats set has everything you need to keep your cat feeling great and looking clean. This excellent grooming set comes with two long handled combs, two short combs, and two double-sided combs. All comb designs are ergonomic and have a smooth grip.
The combs are made from a durable plastic and they also come in cute bright colors. Each comb comes with thin metal teeth to remove even the smallest fleas from your cat’s fur. We also love the smaller combs for grooming hard-to-reach areas, like behind the ears. We love this excellent 6 piece Boao Flea Combs set, particularly for households that have multiple cats.
- This set comes with several different sizes of combs, and are suitable for many different types of cats and other animals.
- The handle on the long metal comb is very durable and comfortable to hold as well.
- This set comes with several small flea combs, which are very convenient to carry around.
- The teeth on the plastic comb are less durable and some owners report that they bend over time.
- Since the smaller combs are very lightweight, they may not work as well on long-haired cats.
- You’ll need to be very gentle when combing your cat with these combs if they have sensitive skin.
Benseao Flea Comb for Cats Review
The Benseao Flea Comb for Cats is a six piece grooming set that has everything you need to remove fleas from your cat’s coat. This amazing set has a long-handle comb with fine teeth, as well as two shorter combs and one double-sided comb. We recommend the long-handled comb for large areas of fur, and the shorter combs for tight areas like behind the ears or around the legs.
This kit also stands out because it comes with two excellent tick removal tools. Each tool is made from lightweight, ergonomic plastic, and the set comes in three colors – pink, green, and yellow. The Benseao Flea Comb for Cats is a great pick if you need to remove ticks and do more detailed grooming.
- Since this set comes with multiple tools, you can keep them in different places around the house and catch fleas as soon as you see them.
- The set also comes with another small tool that you can use to spot clean your cat’s fur.
- These flea combs have very fine teeth that are effective for catching even the tiniest fleas.
- The teeth on some of the combs are widely spaced, which can make it difficult to use on all fur types.
- Some of the combs have very small handles, and therefore could be slightly difficult to use.
- Since some of the combs are made of plastic, some users have reported that they are not particularly durable.
Safari Pet Products Flea Comb for Cats Review
The Safari Pet Products Flea Comb for Cats is a durable and effective way to remove fleas from your cat’s fur. This comb is a winner because it has long, thin teeth that work even on long-haired cats. The teeth are also gentle enough that you can use it to remove dead skin cells. We love how thin the teeth are on this flea comb, as they can catch even the peskiest fleas on your cat’s fur. The Safari Flea Comb for Cats is one of our favorites for long-haired cats.
- This comb has very fine teeth that are very effective for removing fleas of all sizes.
- This comb is also waterproof and is very easy to clean after you’ve used it.
- It has a durable and ergonomic handle that is very comfortable to use.
- Owners of long-haired cats have found that it can be difficult to get the comb all the way through their fur.
- Some owners found the width of the comb to be small, limiting the amount of fleas that you can catch at one time.
- Although the handle is ergonomic, it is very thin, which could make it difficult for those with larger hands to use.
Things to Know Before Buying a Cat Flea Comb
Fleas can be incredibly uncomfortable for your cat – they like to leave small, itchy bites on their skin and can even lay eggs in their fur. While flea treatments can help remove fleas from your cat in the long term, a flea comb is the most effective way to remove them quickly.
Here’s what to know when selecting a flea comb for your cat.
What Material To Look Out For
When selecting a flea comb, you’ll want to make sure that it’s well made and can be used repeatedly without falling apart. The handle should be made of a solid plastic that won’t break off or slip around in your hands.
The teeth should also be designed in a way that they won’t bend with repeated use, and they shouldn’t rust if they are made from metal.
Flea Comb Design
The design of the flea comb is also an important consideration. The teeth need to be thin enough to pick up small fleas that are lodged onto your cat’s skin – usually just a few millimeters.
If you’re looking to get into small, hard-to-reach areas, you may want a comb that’s shorter and more compact. You’ll also want to make sure that the handle has an ergonomic design for a good grip.
It Should Be Easy to Remove the Fleas
Of course, you’ll also want to make sure that the comb can effectively remove fleas. Generally, the thinner and more densely packed the teeth are, the more fleas the comb will be able to remove.
Cat Flea Combs FAQ
How should I use a flea comb on my cat?
Using a flea comb on your cat is very easy. Gently run the comb through your cat’s fur, starting at the top of the head and moving back towards the tail. The comb will pick up fleas, flea eggs, and flea dirt. You may need to stop to clean the flea comb periodically.
Fleas can be frustrating, but using a flea comb is the most effective way to remove them and keep your cat’s fur clean. Our top pick is the SunGrow Flea Comb for its effective and easy-to-use design.