In this guide we’ll look at the best brushes for Persian cats for the US market.
We’ve compared material, design, efficiency and cost
to give you our top recommendations.
What is the Best Brush For Persian Cat?
More Detailed Persian Cat Brush Reviews
FURminator Long Hair Cat Deshedding Brush Review
The FURminator Long Hair Cat Deshedding Brush is our pick for the best brush for Persian cats. This high-quality cat brush features a long stainless steel trimmer that reaches through long Persian coats to remove the loose hair. The blade is made from a durable stainless steel material that won’t rust, and it removes hair safely without irritating your cat’s skin.
This brush also has an innovative ‘FURejector’ button. This button automatically removes the loose fur that collects on the blade with one easy push. It also has a large ergonomic handle for excellent control while grooming your cat. The FURminator Long Hair Cat Deshedding Brush is an extremely effective way to keep your cat’s coat looking great, and is the best deshedding brush for Persian cats on the market.
- This brush picks up a very large amount of hair in a short period of time.
- The handle is ergonomic and easy to grip, and you don’t have to tug to remove fur.
- The brush has a small ‘FURejector’ button that makes it easy to clean.
- Since this brush can remove large clumps of hair at one time, it can be irritating for your cat.
- Some owners found that their cat’s fur would fall onto the floor instead of staying in the brush, which necessitates additional cleaning.
- The brush is on the larger side, so it might be too big for small Persians or Persian kittens.
GoPets Dematting Brush For Cats Review
The GoPets Dematting Brush For Cats is a top quality brush that will not only clear out loose fur, but reduces tangles and matted hair as well.
This two-sided comb has a low density side for pulling out large tangles, as well as a high density side for removing loose fur. The stainless steel comb has rounded edges so it won’t cause any scratching or irritation. However, the blades are still sharp enough to cut out matted fur efficiently.
The handle is made with a silicone gel for a super secure grip. The GoPets Dematting Brush For Cats is the best brush for clearing tangles and a top-notch choice for your Persian kitty.
- This brush has two different sets of teeth, so you can use it on mats and tangles of different sizes.
- Although the brush has sharp edges to cut the mats out, it is designed to minimize irritation on your cat’s skin.
- This brush removes loose fur to prevent excess shedding.
- It’s important to go slowly when using this brush, as it could pull at your cat’s fur otherwise.
- The soft gel grip around the handle started to peel off for some owners.
- Some owners found that the handle was slippery, making it hard to get a strong grip.
Furryfirst Grooming Brush Tool Kit For Cats Review
The Furryfirst Grooming Brush Tool For Cats is an amazing grooming kit that will keep your cat’s fur looking incredible.
It comes with a double sided dematting rake, a fine tooth comb, and a smaller flea comb. The rake has rounded teeth to prevent irritation. Its double sided design means it works for both cutting out matted hair and general cleaning. We’ve also found it to be extremely durable, with stainless steel blades and a silicone handle.
The fine tooth comb is dense on one side and has a more open design on the other, which makes detailed grooming much easier. The Furryfirst Grooming Brush Tool For Cats has everything you need to keep your furry friend looking fabulous, making it the best multi-tool set for Persian cats on the market.
- This kit comes with a dematting brush, a shedding comb, and a flea comb.
- The dematting brush is double-sided to cut out mats of varying sizes.
- This brush cuts out mats gently without any pulling or irritation.
- The smaller combs may not be durable enough for thick Persian fur.
- The gel handle on the dematting tool can wear down or peel off over time.
- Owners will need to be very gentle when using the dematting tool, otherwise cats may not tolerate it.
Hertzko Self Cleaning Slicker Brush Review
The Hertzko Self Cleaning Slicker Brush is a large and very effective brush for keeping long hair clean.
It has dense, thin bristles that pick up loose hair without scratching or irritating your pet’s skin. These bristles can even have a massaging effect, which your Persian cat will just love! They are also retractable, which makes it very easy to clean up your cat’s leftover fur.
This high-quality brush also has an ergonomic handle that’s textured to prevent slippage.
The Hertzko Self Cleaning Slicker Brush is a great addition to your grooming routine and the best brush for Persian cats for everyday grooming.
- This brush is an ideal size for cats and can remove a large amount of loose fur in one pass.
- This brush is self-cleaning, so you can remove fur from the bristles just by pushing a button.
- It has a comfy, non-slip handle that is easy to use.
- The sharp bristles can be mildly irritating for your cat, so you’ll need to be careful while brushing.
- The bristles can bend over time with regular use.
- This brush does not have sharp edges that you can use to cut out matted fur, but it does remove loose fur.
Things to Know Before Buying a Brush for Persian Cat
Finding the best cat brush for Persian cats can be tricky. They have long, thick fur that needs to be groomed more often than other cats, and they can also grow to be very large. Here’s what to consider when purchasing a brush for your Persian cat.
Materials for Durability
It’s important that the brush you choose is made from a durable material that can stand up to wear and tear. For Persian cat brushes, you’ll want a stainless steel that won’t rust or wear down over time. You should also consider the material on the handle of the brush. Many are made with silicone, which makes for a better grip.
The Best Design for Easy Use
The design of the brush is another key factor. A wide brush head can be very helpful for grooming large Persian cats – some options are as wide as five inches. You’ll also want to consider the density of the blades or bristles, and make sure that they won’t irritate your cat. Dense bristles are great for everyday grooming, while spread out bristles can cut out mats and tangles.
Persian Cat Brush FAQ
How do I brush my Persian cat?
To brush your Persian cat, start by making gentle strokes from head to tail with a comb. Then, remove any matted fur by making short downward strokes, slowly working your way up to remove the tangle. Do a final brush from head to tail to remove excess fur.
How often should you brush your Persian cat’s fur?
Ideally, you should brush your Persian cat every day or so, as their fur can get tangled quickly. Be sure to brush right away if you notice any knots.
Regular brushing is essential to keeping your Persian cat looking their best. These excellent brushes will make quick work of any loose fur or tangles. For its ‘FURejector’ button and ergonomic handle, the FURminator Long Hair Cat Deshedding Brush is our pick for the best brush for Persian cats.