In this guide we’ll look at the best dematting tools for cats on the US market.
We’ve compared ease of use, durability, effectiveness and cost
to give you our top recommendations.
What is the Best Dematting Tool for Cats?
More Detailed Cat Dematting Tool Reviews
Mars Coat King Dematting Tool For Cats Review
Our recommendation for the best cat dematting tool is the Mars Coat King Dematting Tool. If you have a long-haired cat whose fur gets matted easily, this top-notch tool will remove it in just a few strokes without pulling out any of your cat’s healthy fur.
We love how durable this tool is. It is constructed with premium stainless steel teeth. The innovative double-wide design also removes clumps of fur faster. This excellent dematter also has a sturdy wooden handle that gives you plenty of control while grooming. The Mars Coat King Dematting Tool For Cats takes our spot for the best dematting tool on the market.
- This tool is very large and many owners found they were able to remove huge amounts of matted fur with just a few passes.
- The blades are designed for safety, so they won’t cut your cat’s skin or rip out chunks of fur.
- It’s made with very durable metal and wood materials, so it will last a long time even with regular use.
- This stripper can pull on the fur slightly, so you’ll need to be gentle while using it on your cat.
- Some owners found that the cost was high given the value of the tool.
- This tool doesn’t come with instructions, so it can be a bit tricky for new users to get the hang of.
GoPets Dematting Comb For Cats Review
The GoPets Dematting Comb For Cats is a double sided dematting tool that will get your feline friend looking their best in no time. One side is designed for dematting and cutting out the toughest tangles, while the other side can be used as a gentle comb.
While the teeth on this excellent tool are sharp enough for dematting, the edges are rounded to protect your pet’s sensitive skin. They’re made with a durable stainless steel that can handle plenty of wear and tear. The handle is made with a silicone gel to prevent slipping and give you more control. The GoPets Dematting Comb For Cats is the best for a non-slip grip and great control while you’re grooming.
- Owners found that this dematting tool removed large amounts of matted and loose fur quickly without having to struggle.
- The edges of the tool are rounded so as not to hurt your cat’s skin. Many owners even found that their cats enjoyed being groomed with this tool.
- This tool is very easy to use, even for beginners.
- Some users wanted this tool to be a bit sharper for particularly stubborn mats.
- Some owners noted that this tool was too intense for their cats that had thin fur.
- Over time, some users noted that parts of the handle broke off from the tool.
Pat Your Pet Dematting Tool For Cats Review
The Pat Your Pet Dematting Tool For Cats works quickly and efficiently to cut through your cat’s tangles. This amazing tool has two sides – a high density side for gentle combing and thinning, and a low density side to cut out any matted hair.
The teeth are made from stainless steel and have rounded edges to make grooming more comfortable for your kitty. We love the handle’s comfy ergonomic grip and cute color to make grooming easy and fun. If you need a double sided dematting tool, the Pat Your Pet Dematting Tool For Cats is a great choice for you!
- The rounded teeth on this tool make combing a safe and potentially even pleasant experience for your cat.
- This dematting tool can cut through large mats in just a few strokes, making for a quick grooming session.
- This brush has two sides, one to cut through large mats and the other to gently pull out excess fur.
- This brush is fairly narrow, and some owners noted that it could cut out mats faster if it had more teeth.
- Some users noted that the tool can snag, so it’s important to be very gentle when brushing through your cat’s fur.
- Many owners noted that the fur does not stay in the brush after it’s been cut out, so it can create a mess.
Pecute Dematting Comb Grooming Tool Kit Review
The Pecute Dematting Comb Grooming Tool Kit comes with everything you need to keep your cat’s fur looking great. With both a gentle comb and a tough dematting tool, you’ll be able to remove dead hair and prevent tangles before they even happen. This excellent dematting comb has two sides, one with 12 teeth for dematting and another with 23 teeth for thinning and removing loose hair. The edges are rounded to prevent irritation and scratches.
We love that this set comes with a matching comb as well. Both tools have an ergonomic non-slip grip made with TPR. Each of these tools also has stainless steel blades that are rust resistant. The Pecute Dematting Comb Grooming Tool Kit is our pick for the best multi-tool grooming kit.
- The teeth on this tool are relatively long and can reach into very thick coats of fur to remove mats.
- This set comes with a smaller flea comb, which you can also use to comb out loose fur and debris after using the dematting tool.
- The dematting tool has two sides, which you can use for different thicknesses of mats.
- This product can tug slightly at your cat’s fur and may feel a bit uncomfortable for them, although it is safe to use.
- The handle has a rubber grip, which can start to peel off after extensive use.
- Some users found that the tool was not sharp enough for their needs.
Hertzko Mat Remover Grooming Comb For Cats Review
The Hertzko Mat Remover Grooming Tool For Cats is a durable and effective way to remove tangles and matted hair from your cat. This amazing groomer has sharp teeth with rounded edges to pull out tough tangles without any irritation.
This tool has a long handle, which gives you more control as you groom your cat. The anti-slip grip makes this product a winner, especially if you need to groom a squirming cat quickly. The Hertzko Mat Remover Grooming Tool For Cats has an ergonomic design that we love for the most impatient cats.
- This tool is an excellent option for cats that have thinner long-haired coats. It trims small amounts of matted fur and can remove debris to prevent larger tangles.
- Although this tool is small, it comes with an ergonomic grip that makes it easy to hold.
- Because of its small size, cats may tolerate this better than larger grooming tools.
- Because this tool is relatively small, it may not be able to handle larger pieces of matted fur.
- Some users found that the blades on this tool were not sharp enough for their needs.
- Since this tool only has one side, it can be a bit more difficult to find the right angle to cut at.
Things To Know Before Buying a Cat Dematting Tool
Finding the best dematting tool for cats can be difficult – you want to make sure you’re spending money on a tool that’s going to effectively remove matted fur without hurting your cat.
Here’s what to look for when choosing the best cat deshedding tools for you.
What Material Should It Be
The blades should be made with stainless steel to prevent rusting. The handle should be made from a durable plastic, wood, or silicone that won’t break down over time.
How It Should Be Designed
Many dematting tools come with two blades to help you not only cut out tangles, but also thin out your cat’s fur pre-emptively to prevent tangles in the future. Look at the number of teeth on each of the blades – the dematting side will have more densely packed blades, while the comb side will have fewer blades that are spread out.
The blades should also be rounded at the end to make grooming more comfortable for your kitty.
It Should Be Super Easy To Use
Of course, you’ll want to make sure that your dematting tool is easy to use. The wider the blades are, the more fur you can detangle at once, making the job much more efficient.
You’ll also want to make sure the handle is ergonomic to give you a solid grip while you’re detangling your cat’s fur. This means it should have a long enough handle for control, as well as an anti-slip material like silicone.
Cat Dematting Tools FAQ
What is a dematting tool and how does it work?
A dematting tool is designed to help keep long-haired cats neat and tidy by removing patches of matted or tangled hair. These tools have sharp blades that cut through the matted hair, so you can easily brush it out afterwards. Most dematting tools also have rounded edges, which prevent you from hurting your pet’s skin.
How do I use a dematting tool on my cat?
It’s important to go slowly when using a dematting tool, as the edges are sharp. Make sure your cat is comfortable and then gently move the comb in and out of the matted fur – this will start to cut the matted portion out. Start from the top and carefully move down to cut out the matted fur.
Matted fur is a common problem for cats with long hair. A reliable dematting tool will help you keep their fur feeling soft and looking clean. Our top choice is the Mars Coat King Dematting Tool, as it’s incredibly durable and removes even the toughest tangles.