In this guide we’ll look at the five best kitten shampoos for the US market.
We’ve compared their ingredients, aroma, effectiveness and cost
to give you our top recommendations.
What is the Best Kitten Shampoo?
More Detailed Kitten Shampoo Reviews
Mooncat Waterless Shampoo For Kittens Review
The Mooncat Waterless Shampoo for Kittens is our top pick for kitten shampoo. What we love about this shampoo is that you can use it without water, so you don’t have to put your kitten in the bath. This makes for an extremely comfortable and soothing experience for your furbaby.
This highly effective formula is designed for sensitive skin, and doesn’t contain any nasties like parabens, alcohol, phthalates, or silicone. It’s also tearless, so it won’t irritate your cat’s eyes.
It comes with a pump and has a gentle foaming texture that’s very easy to use, as well as a mild but calming scent to ensure your kitty smells fresh and clean. The Mooncat Waterless Shampoo for Kittens is our choice for best kitten shampoo on the market.
- Since this shampoo is waterless, it is an excellent option for kittens who are scared of water. It can be applied easily with a brush or even using your hands.
- This shampoo removes dirt and debris while leaving fur very soft.
- The shampoo leaves your cat smelling fresh and pleasant.
- Some users found that this shampoo can leave a sticky residue when used in large quantities.
- Some finicky cats may still find the foamy texture unpleasant.
- If your cat is particularly dirty, you may need to use this shampoo twice to fully remove the mess.
Burt's Bees Tearless Kitten Shampoo Review
The Burt’s Bees Tearless Kitten Shampoo is a very gentle but highly effective way to get your kitten looking fresh and clean. This excellent shampoo is made with 99.7 percent natural ingredients, and doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals that could irritate your kitten’s sensitive skin. It’s even pH balanced for a healthy coat.
The standout ingredient in this formula is the moisturizing buttermilk, which is great for dry skin. It also doesn’t have a scent. The Burt’s Bee’s Kitten Shampoo is an excellent natural formula for your pet, and it’s also our top choice for a no-scent kitten shampoo.
- This shampoo isn’t scented, so it’s a good option for those who are sensitive to fragrances.
- The formula is cruelty-free and is made with gentle natural ingredients.
- You’ll only need a small amount of this shampoo to leave fur clean and soft.
- Some owners found that this shampoo didn’t lather enough for a bath.
- Although many owners like that this shampoo is unscented, others wished the shampoo had a stronger fragrance.
- This formula is pH balanced, but it isn’t hypoallergenic.
Espree Tear-Free Kitten Shampoo Review
The Espree Tear-Free Kitten Shampoo has a top-notch formula that will clean your kitten’s skin and moisturize them in the process. Soothing and luxurious natural ingredients like aloe vera, jojoba oil, and vitamins A, E, and B5 bring some nourishment to your cat’s skin and coat.
This amazing cleansing formula is derived from coconut and other plants, and is tear free. It also has a fresh and calming baby powder scent. The Espree Kitten Shampoo has an excellent soothing formula, and it’s also the best shampoo for kittens with dry skin.
- This shampoo uses organic cleansers that leave your kitten’s fur feeling soft and shiny.
- It is moisturizing and leaves the coat feeling soft.
- Since it is tear-free, it is very gentle to use for kittens.
- Some users did not enjoy the scent, which is very fragrant and is reminiscent of baby powder.
- The lid on the bottle can come off during shipping.
- This shampoo does not lather as much as other shampoos.
John Paul Pet Tearless Gentle Kitten Shampoo Review
The John Paul Pet Tearless Gentle Kitten Shampoo is a high quality formula that will have your kitten squeaky clean in no time. This product is part of the renowned Paul Mitchell brand, and we think the formula lives up to the hype.
The brand is cruelty free and the formula is tearless to prevent irritation. Additionally, it will give your kitty’s fur a gorgeous shine! It acts as a deodorizer as well, removing stinky odors and leaving your pet smelling fresh and clean. The John Paul Pet Tearless Kitten Shampoo is a great way to give your kitten’s fur an extra boost, and it’s the best kitten shampoo for a shiny coat.
- This shampoo has a very luxurious fragrance that lasts on your cat’s fur.
- The moisturizing properties in this shampoo keep your cat’s fur feeling soft.
- The formula creates a very nice lather and removes dirt and debris very quickly.
- Some users noted that this product was expensive for the amount of product provided.
- Some owners would have preferred a stronger scent for their cat’s shampoo.
- You may need to use a larger amount to get your pet clean, causing the product to run out quickly.
Bio-Groom Kuddly Kitten Shampoo Review
The Bio-Groom Kuddly Kitten Shampoo is a soothing, natural formula that will leave your kitten’s fur feeling fresh. This top-notch formula is natural and soap free, so it doesn’t leave any residue in your pet’s fur.
The shampoo has a light texture that rinses out quickly, which is great for squirmy kittens. It is also pH balanced, which helps keep your kitty’s skin and fur healthy in the long term. Soothing ingredients like coconut oil and aloe vera moisturize the skin. The Bio-Groom Kuddly Kitten Shampoo is gentle but effective for keeping your cat clean, and is our pick for a quick and efficient bath.
- This formula is pH-balanced to support a healthy skin and coat for your cat.
- The shampoo rinses out very easily to leave your cat’s fur clean and soft.
- This shampoo is very gentle and won’t irritate your cat’s skin or yours.
- The scent is very mild and may not be noticeable enough for some owners.
- Since this shampoo is soap free, it doesn’t have a strong lather.
- This shampoo requires a significant amount of water to use, which can be uncomfortable for kittens.
Things to Know Before Buying Kitten Shampoo
Choosing the best kitten shampoo can be difficult. You’ll want to make sure that the formula you choose is safe enough to use on their sensitive skin and fur, but still powerful enough to remove dirt and odors. Here’s what to look for in a kitten shampoo.
Ingredients to Look Out For & Ingredients to Avoid
When bathing your cat, you should always look for a formula that is specifically designed for kittens. Human baby shampoo or even shampoo for dogs can sometimes be too irritating. Read the ingredients list carefully to make sure that there isn’t anything that could cause further irritation.
You’ll want to make sure to avoid any shampoos with alcohol, parabens, phthalates, and other potentially harmful chemicals. If you wouldn’t feel comfortable putting it on your own body, don’t use it on your kitten either! Many kitten shampoos are made mainly with natural ingredients that are soothing and gentle.
A tearless formula is also an advantage, especially if your cat likes to squirm. That way they won’t have a problem if some of the shampoo gets into their eyes.
Many cat shampoos contain moisturizing ingredients to keep your cat’s fur and skin nourished. Aloe vera, coconut oil, and jojoba oil are all examples of moisturizing ingredients that can be very effective for cats. Some kitten shampoos contain fragrances while others don’t. A fragrance can be helpful, especially if your kitten is prone to getting stinky. However, you’ll want to make sure that the fragrance is mild and won’t irritate your kitty.
Kitten Shampoo FAQ
How should I wash my kitten with shampoo?
When washing your kitten, you’ll want to make sure you use water that’s warm but not too hot. Hold them gently by the scruff and support their legs as well – this will give you more control when washing them. You may need to have a friend help you if your kitten is particularly fussy.
Gently massage your cat’s fur with the shampoo, taking care to avoid sensitive areas like the eyes and ears. Once they are fully clean, be sure to rinse the shampoo out completely. Then, dry them off with a towel and swaddle them to keep them nice and warm. Some people also opt to use a hair dryer on the lowest setting to help their fur dry faster.
A soft and soothing kitten shampoo is an essential, especially if your pet likes to make a mess. These effective but gentle formulas will have your kitty smelling fresh and clean in no time. Our pick for the best kitten shampoo is the Mooncat Waterless Shampoo For Kittens. It’s super easy to use and leaves your cat squeaky clean, plus it has a great texture and scent.