In this guide we’ll look at the best heated cat beds for the US market.
We’ve compared comfort, heat capacity, material and cost
to give you our top recommendations.
What is the Best Heated Cat Bed?
More Detailed Heated Cat Bed Reviews
K&H Thermo-Kitty Heated Pet Bed
K&H Thermo-Kitty Heated Pet Bed Review
Our recommendation for the best heated pet bed is the K&H Thermo-Kitty Heated Ped Bed. This best rated heated cat bed only uses 4 watts of power and maintains a heat level of approximately 15 degrees above room temperature.
We love the cute, cozy design – it has a removable hood with foam walls and a snuggly pillow at the base, and comes in either tan or mocha colors with a leopard-print interior. It also stands out because it’s easy to clean. You can unzip the hood and remove the heater to wash the fabric. The K&H Thermo-Kitty Heated Pet Bed our top pick because of its safe and snuggly design.
- This heated bed warms up within just a few minutes, providing heat right away for your cat.
- Since this bed comes pre-assembled, it is very easy and quick to set up. Many owners also appreciated that the hood is detachable.
- Many owners found their cats liked the soft texture of this cat bed, which is very comfortable for cats to curl up on.
- The cord on this cat bed isn’t particularly long, which could be an issue for those setting up the bed in outdoor areas.
- Some owners noted that the hood on this bed was floppy and that they opted to detach it.
- Since the fabric on the bed is very thick and plush, some owners noted that it didn’t get as warm as they would have liked.
K&H Small Mocha Heated Cat Bed
K&H Small Mocha Heated Cat Bed Review
The K&H Small Mocha Heated Cat Bed is one of the best heated cat beds on the market. This amazing bed has a pillow at the base and soft foam walls that are 6 inches high to create the feeling of safety and security. The machine washable cover zips off for easy cleaning. One of our favorite features on this cat bed is the heater. It adjusts to your cat’s temperature and stays between 10 and 15 degrees above room temperature, using only 4 watts of power. The K&H Small Mocha Heated Cat Bed is our favorite option for automatic temperature adjustment.
- This bed uses a very soft, plush fabric that is enticing to cats and protects them from overheating.
- It uses a base of orthopedic foam, which many owners found was particularly enticing for their older cat.
- The cover on this bed is easy to remove and wash in the machine, which is helpful for cats that are prone to accidents or just shed heavily.
- Because the padding on this bed is quite thick, it takes a long time to warm up. Some users found that it wasn’t as enticing to their cat as they had hoped.
- The cord is fairly short, so you will need to put it close to an outlet in order to use it.
- Since this bed responds to your cat’s body temperature, it may not warm up as quickly if you have a very small cat.
K&H Heated Cat Bed With Orthopedic Foam Base
K&H Heated Cat Bed With Orthopedic Foam Base Review
The K&H Heated Cat Bed will give your cat a small but cozy place to snuggle. The base on this excellent cat bed is made from a soft but supportive orthopedic foam for maximum comfort. The outer rim of the bed has a large bolster for extra coziness and the cover is made from a soft, plush fabric. The bed is available in blue and mocha shades. The heater only uses 4 watts of energy, but consistently maintains a heat level 15 degrees higher than room temperature. The K&H Heated Cat Bed is a great choice if you want orthopedic support for your cat.
- Both the orthopedic foam and the fabric on this cat bed are very soft and therefore very attractive to cats.
- The cover is removable and machine washable, so it’s easy to clean after an accident.
- This bed adjusts to the temperature around it. This means it gets warm enough to keep cats comfortable on cold days, but not so warm that it will overwhelm them.
- The base of the bed is smooth, which means that it can move around as your cat uses it if you aren’t careful.
- The bed only comes with one setting and uses a sensor to adjust the temperature, which means you can’t change the temperature manually.
- Although the foam is easy to remove for washing, it can be a bit tricky to get it back in once you’ve removed it.
petnf Store Upgraded Pet Heating Bed
petnf Store Upgraded Pet Heating Bed Review
The Petnf Store Upgraded Heating Bed is a great choice for those who want full control over the temperature levels on their cat’s bed. It has a temperature range of 86 to 131 degrees Fahrenheit, and you can switch between 5 different temperature levels. This awesome cat bed is both waterproof and flame retardant, and it has a chew-resistant cord.
We also love that this bed has a timer, which will automatically turn the heater off after a certain period of time. There is a fleece cover on the outside, which is removable and machine washable. The Petnf Store Upgraded Heating Bed gives your pet all the comfort of a heating pad with safe temperature controls.
- This pet bed has a control unit that you can use to set the temperature and a timer, so you can customize it to suit your pet’s needs.
- This heating pad can get very warm very quickly and warms the surface evenly, so it’s very effective for cold days.
- The upper temperature limit and chew-proof cord help many owners feel more comfortable, knowing that it will prevent any additional electrical risk.
- Because this pad can get very hot, you’ll need to monitor your pet and make sure the temperature is set appropriately to keep them safe.
- The padding on this set is a bit thin, so it may not be appropriate for cats who need a bit of extra support while they sleep.
- Some owners reported that they would like a higher maximum temperature option.
Homello Pet Heating Bed for Cats
Homello Pet Heating Bed for Cats Review
The Homello Pet Heating Bed For Cats is a cozy heating pad that your cat will love to curl up on. This top-notch heating pad heats to 104 degrees, and only takes a few minutes to warm up. It also will power down automatically if it starts to overheat, which will protect your cat. We love the convenience of being able to adjust the temperature with a click of a button.
We also love how easy it is to clean. This bed is waterproof and can go in the washing machine. The cord is also completely chew-resistant. The Homello Pet Heating Bed For Cats is our best pick if you’re concerned about cleaning, and has heating options to keep your cat comfortable as well.
- This heating pad is very portable and easy to use with other beds or blankets that myour cat likes.
- This bed is very durable, so it is suitable for very active cats to use without worrying about damage.
- This heating pad comes with an adjustable temperature knob, and the highest settings get warm quickly even on cold winter days.
- This bed does not come with a washable cover, so it’s best used with another blanket.
- The material of this bed makes a crinkling sound, which could be annoying to some cats.
- The bed does not come with an automatic timer, which means that owners will need to monitor their pets as they use it and turn it on and off manually.
Things to Know Before Buying a Heated Cat Bed
Cats love to be warm and cozy, so they’ll love to curl up on a heated bed for a nice nap.
They’re particularly great for the winter, as they give your cat a warm place to cozy up when temperatures drop. Heated beds are also excellent for pregnant cats or cats who have been injured.
Here’s what to know when choosing the best heated cat bed for your pet.
Heated Cat Bed Material
It’s important that the bed is made of a durable material that can handle scratching or chewing. Fleece is a popular material for cat beds because they’re soft but durable.
The material should also be easy to keep clean – many options are machine washable.
How Cat Beds are Designed
The design of the cat bed is another important factor to consider. Cats love to feel secure and cozy, so a bed with bolsters or walls on the side can help them relax.
You’ll also want to consider where the heating pad is on the bed – is it easy to access and change the temperature? Finally, you’ll want to make sure the cord is protected with metal or another chew-resistant material, so your cat can’t chew on it or play with it.
The Importance of Heating Capacity
It’s important to make sure that your cat’s bed will get warm enough to keep them cozy, but won’t overheat to the point of being dangerous or uncomfortable.
Consider the temperature range of the heated bed, and check to see if it has any timers or automatic shutoff features to prevent any safety issues. Most heated cat beds range between 80 and 120 degrees, with the option to adjust the temperature.
You’ll also want to make sure that the bed is made from flame retardant material.
Achieving Maximum Comfort Level For Your Cat
Of course, you’ll want to make sure that the bed is plenty comfortable for your cat. It should be made of a soft and supportive material such as foam, and the cover should also be made from a soft fabric, like fleece.
A heated cat bed is one of the best ways to help your kitty relax and give them a taste of luxury. Our top pick is the K&H Thermo-Kitty Heated Pet Bed – the hooded design goes above and beyond to give your cat a sense of safety and security.