In this guide we’ll look at the best cat houses for the US market.
We’ve compared design, durability, comfort and cost
to give you our top recommendations.
What is the Best Cat House?
More Detailed Cat House Reviews
Petsfit Outdoor Cat House
Petsfit Outdoor Cat House Review
Our recommendation for the best outdoor cat house is the Petsfit Outdoor Cat House. It has two separate rooms for your cat to play in – an enclosed shelter for sleeping and an upper floor where your feline friend can observe their surroundings. The lower floor has two doors for easy access, and the upper floor is accessible through a ramp.
One of the things we love about this cat house is that it’s large enough for multiple cats, but still feels very cozy. It comes in a grey or red color to suit your style, and has a solid wood frame that’s easy to assemble with just a screwdriver. It also has many weatherproof features – the bottom floor is raised to prevent water from seeping in, and the roof is waterproof and slanted to keep precipitation from coming in. The Petsfit Outdoor Cat House is an excellent outdoor sanctuary for your kitty.
- This house has a shaded upper deck, which allows cats to watch their surroundings while still staying out of the sun.
- Many owners love this house’s charming design, which looks very nice in the yard.
- The house is fairly easy to put together without any extra tools.
- Some owners found that this house was too small for larger cat breeds.
- While this house is warm, it may not completely shelter cats from rain.
- Some users found that the bottom of the first floor was a bit wobbly once assembled.
PETYELLA Heated Outdoor Cat House For Winter
PETYELLA Heated Outdoor Cat House For Winter Review
If you’re looking for the best outdoor cat house for winter, the Petyella Heated Outdoor Cat House is a great choice. It comes with a heated mat that you can place at the bottom of the house to keep your outdoor kitties safe and warm during the winter. This mat has a timer to prevent overheating as well as a chew-proof cord.
This house is insulated and has a waterproof exterior to ensure your cat stays dry through rain and snow. It has two doors that open and close to keep out wind, although they won’t completely keep precipitation out. We also love the cute design options for this cat house – you can choose from cottage, cabin, or classic home designs.
- This cat house is heated, which makes it very appealing to outdoor cats in the winter.
- The house only has a few parts and is very easy to assemble quickly without extra tools.
- There are three charming designs for this cat house to choose from to suit your decor taste.
- The house may not be suitable for high levels of snow or rain in the winter, many owners recommend putting it on a porch to deal with this.
- This model is very small, so if you have more than one cat, they may not both be able to fit inside at once.
- Some owners reported that the doors get stuck easily and opt to remove them instead.
Rockever Outdoor Cat House
Rockever Outdoor Cat House Review
The Rockever Outdoor Cat House is one of the best little cat houses for small cats and kittens. The cute and cozy design is angled with a ramp leading the entrance, which prevents water from getting into the bottom of the house. It comes in three stylish colors – orange, red, and pink – or you can purchase a natural wood version and paint it whatever color you would like.
This house is made with a durable fir wood and metal hinges. The top of the house opens, and you can easily remove pieces for cleaning. The roof’s exterior is designed to keep your cat warm and prevent water from leaking in during storms. Overall, the Rockever Outdoor Cat House is a durable and charming option for your small cat.
- This house comes with clear assembly instructions and is very easy to put together.
- The house is very cozy and will give cats a place to stay out of the sun or rain.
- It is made from a durable wood material that can handle exposure to the elements over time.
- Since the house isn’t insulated, it may not stay warm in the snowy winter months.
- Some users reported that the hinges on the roof weren’t durable and eventually needed to be replaced.
- While it is durable, the lightweight material may struggle in windy climates.
Extreme Consumer Products Cat House with Heated Cat Bed
Extreme Consumer Products Cat House with Heated Cat Bed Review
The Extreme Consumer Products Cat House is one of the best heated cat house options to keep your cat warm during the winter. The interior contains a 20-watt cat bed that heats up to 102 degrees to keep your cat warm. The house also contains a very soft pillow for your cat to curl up in. We love how easy this house is to clean – all you need is some gentle soap and warm water. We’ve also found that it works equally well indoors or outdoors. The Extreme Consumer Products Cat House makes a great hideaway for both indoor and outdoor cats.
- This cat house comes with a heating pad to help cats stay warm during the winter.
- The house is very easy to set up and doesn’t require much assembly.
- Despite its small size, this house is very durable and even comes with ties you can use to stake it to the ground as needed.
- Many users reported that the zipper is very small and can get stuck on the first few uses.
- This house has plastic doors that attach with velcro, which can be difficult for some cats to get in and out of.
- While this house is waterproof, it is not warm enough to use with heavy precipitation outside.
K&H Pet Products Outdoor Heated Kitty House
K&H Pet Products Outdoor Heated Kitty House Review
The K&H Pet Products Outdoor Heated Kitty House will give your cat a comfortable place to sleep, even during the coldest weather. We like this model for multi-cat families, because two kitties can fit inside at the same time. It comes with a heated bed inside, which will not only keep your cat warm but give them a soft place to curl up as well. The exterior is made from a durable vinyl and nylon, and there are two doors that each have a clear flap to insulate your cat further. The K&H Pet Products Outdoor Heated Kitty House is an excellent option for keeping multiple cats warm outside.
- This cat house is wide enough for multi-cat households or just large cats that need a bit of extra space.
- The house comes with a heated bed for cold weather, but it’s also easy to remove if you would prefer.
- The roof is padded and this house has a small overhang, which provides some protection against the elements.
- Some users found it difficult to get the velcro sections to align properly while assembling the house.
- While the house has some insulation, it should not be placed directly in the rain or snow.
- The house is heated, but the heating pad does not cover the entire floor, which means that the temperature can be uneven.
Things to Know Before Buying a Cat House
If you have outdoor cats or even just want to help the stray cats in your neighborhood, consider putting a cat house in your garage or on your back porch.
It will give your cats a safe place to sleep, especially when it’s cold outside. Finding the best cat house ever can be challenging – here’s what to look out for when shopping.
The Importance of Design & Durability
The design of your cat house should be both cute and functional. Many cat houses have multiple doors or even multiple rooms to give your cat space to get comfortable.
Since a cat house is an investment for your pet, you’ll want to make sure that it is durable enough to stand up to regular wear and tear. If you’re going to be setting the house up outside, it needs to be durable enough to handle the elements.
Don’t Forget About Size & Comfort
When selecting a cat house, you’ll need to make sure it’s large enough for your cat to relax comfortably. While cats like to be cozy, they should still be able to move around in the house without getting stuck.
If you have multiple cats, you may want to choose a larger house so they can snuggle up together.
Of course, you’ll want to make sure that your cat’s house is comfortable enough for them to relax in. Many have soft beds or even a heating pad on the bottom to make naptime extra cozy.
Indoor vs. Outdoor
You’ll also need to decide whether you want to place your cat’s house inside or outside. If you want an outdoor house, it will need to be larger, more stable, and more durable than an indoor house.
The material should be very easy to clean. Ideally it should be water resistant as well to keep your cat nice and dry.
Your kitty will love having their own house to snuggle up in, especially during the winter. There are so many excellent cat houses on the market, but the Petsfit Outdoor Cat House is our top pick for its innovative multi-level design.