In this guide we’ll look at the best cat dental treats for the US market.
We’ve compared ingredients, texture, dental health benefits and cost
to give you our top recommendations.
What are the Best Cat Dental Treats?
More Detailed Cat Dental Treats Reviews
Feline Greenies Natural Dental Care Cat Treats Review
The Feline Greenies Natural Dental Care Cat Treats are our pick for the best dental treats for cats. They have a delicious savory salmon flavor that kitties absolutely love. Although they taste great, they’re still healthy for your cat, with less than two calories in each treat.
The formula contains entirely natural ingredients, with some added vitamins and minerals to supplement your cat’s diet. These amazing treats also have a crunchy texture that cleans your cat’s teeth in the process. We love the Feline Greenies Natural Dental Care Cat Treats for a clean and healthy mouth. They’re our pick for the best dental treats for cats.
- These treats come in a number of different appealing flavors that cats enjoy.
- Their texture is designed to fight plaque and support good dental health.
- They are nutritionally balanced and low in calories, so you can use them for training.
- The packaging on these treats is lightweight and spills easily.
- These treats are on the larger side, so they can break into pieces and create crumbs while your cats are chewing.
- The crunchy texture can create a very loud chewing sound.
DentaLife Adult Cat Treats Review
The DentaLife Adult Cat Treats not only taste great, but they’re very effective at removing tartar buildup from your cat’s teeth as well. These amazing cat treats have a lightweight, porous texture that’s designed to scrub the entire mouth.
They are available in both salmon and chicken flavors, and they do not contain any artificial colors or flavors. This formula also contains calcium and taurine to further supplement your cat’s teeth. The DentaLife Adult Cat Treats are our pick for the best chicken dental cat treats, so you can reward your cat and clean their teeth in the process.
- The porous texture forces your cat to chew more vigorously, which helps to clean their teeth.
- They are fortified with calcium and taurine, which are essential minerals in your cat’s diet.
- Many users liked how affordable these treats are given the price.
- These treats are very large and may be too big for some cats’ mouths.
- Owners with finicky cats noted that their pets were not interested in the smell of these treats.
- These treats do contain ground corn, so they may not be appropriate if your cat is on a very specific diet.
Meow Mix Brushing Bites Dental Cat Treats Review
Meow Mix Brushing Bites Dental Cat Treats are a tasty way to clean your cat’s teeth. You can choose between chicken, salmon, and tuna flavor to make your cat happy. The crunchy texture is not only fun for your cat to chew on, but removes plaque and tartar in the process.
We also love that these treats are fortified with calcium and vitamin D – amazing nutrients that are essential to your cat’s oral health. Overall, the Meow Mix Brushing Bites Dental Cat Treats are a great option for any cat lover, and they’re the best affordable dental cat treats on the market.
- These treats have a very strong flavor that cats love.
- The crunchy texture helps clean their teeth and supports good dental health.
- They are fortified with calcium and other vitamins and minerals that are essential for your cat’s oral health.
- These are on the smaller side for cat treats, so some cats may swallow them whole instead of chewing.
- The hard texture may not be appealing for every cat.
- While these treats are great for removing plaque and tartar, some owners noted that they didn’t have much of an effect on their cat’s breath overall.
Abobo Organic Catnip Dental Cleaning Sticks Review
The Abobo Organic Catnip Dental Cleaning Sticks are a fun and unique treat that will both clean your cat’s teeth and help them relax. The texture of these catnip sticks removes tartar and plaque from your cat’s breath and freshens it as well. They are made with a mix of catnip and silver vine, two similar herbs that often elicit strong reactions from cats.
Catnip has a number of other benefits for your cat beyond keeping their teeth clean. Many cats will have a burst of energy followed by a period of relaxation after smelling catnip. Catnip can also be very beneficial for your pet’s digestive system. The Abobo Organic Catnip Dental Cleaning Sticks are an amazing way to clean your cat’s teeth while giving them all the benefits of catnip, and they’re our pick for the best dental sticks.
- These sticks are made with natural catnip, which makes them very enticing to cats.
- Chewing on these sticks not only helps to clean your cat’s teeth, but it can also help with digestive issues.
- These sticks also come with adorable mouse toys for your cats to play with.
- Some cats may be confused by the sticks and not know to chew on them.
- Beyond the catnip and its teeth-cleaning properties, these sticks don’t offer any extra nutritional value.
- These treats aren’t ideal for training or positive reinforcement.
Greenies Feline Salmon Dental Treats Review
The Greenies Feline Salmon Dental Treats are a tasty way to clean your cat’s teeth and supplement their diet. These amazing treats have a crunchy texture that removes tartar, and they are also supplemented with vitamins, minerals, taurine, and chlorophyll.
The delicious salmon flavor is a favorite among many cats, but these treats only have 1.25 calories each, so they’re guilt-free. The Greenies Feline Salmon Dental Treats are highly effective at cleaning your cat’s teeth, and they’re the best fortified dental cat treats on the market.
- These treats help keep your cat’s breath fresh and prevent a funky seafood smell.
- The crunchy texture helps clean away tartar and plaque.
- They are fortified with vitamins and minerals to support your cat’s diet.
- These have a very hard texture that some cats may not like.
Things to Know Before Buying Dental Treats for Cats
The best cat treats for dental health are the ones that taste great and clean your cat’s teeth at the same time. Your cat’s dental health is very important, and dental treats are an easy way to keep plaque and tartar from building up. With so many different cat treats on the market, you’ll want to make sure that the ones you choose have real benefits for your kitty’s health. Here’s what to look at when choosing dental cat treats.
Ingredients to Look Out For
The ingredients in your cat’s treats are one of the most important considerations. It’s best to look for treats that use plenty of natural ingredients, as this will be easier for your cat to digest and won’t add empty calories. Many dental cat treats are also fortified with vitamins and minerals that your pet needs in their diet, like calcium. This is a great way to get these extra nutrients into your cat’s diet, in a way they will enjoy. Finally, you’ll want to look at the flavoring on the treats. It’s important that the treats have an enticing flavor that your kitty will enjoy, like fish or chicken. This way, you can use the treats as a reward and clean their teeth at the same time.
The Dental Health Benefits
The dental health benefits of your cat’s treats are another key factor to consider. Look for treats that have a crunchy texture and are large enough that your cat has to spend some time chewing them. The crunchiness will exfoliate the plaque and tartar buildup off of your cat’s teeth. When given to your cat regularly, these treats can prevent tartar from causing more serious dental problems. Some dental treats will also freshen your cat’s breath temporarily.
Treats are an easy way to reward your cat for good behavior. If you’re going to be rewarding your cat with treats anyway, why not clean their teeth in the process? We love dental treats for cats that taste good and are good for them. Our top recommendation is the Feline Greenies Natural Dental Care Cat Treats. These treats have a delicious natural formula and are a great way to keep teeth clean. They’re low-calorie and have a formula that’s very healthy for your cat.