In this guide we’ll look at the best cat toothbrushes for the US market.
We’ve compared design, material, ease of use and cost
to give you our top recommendations.
What is the Best Cat Toothbrush?
More Detailed Cat Toothbrush Reviews
VTurboWay 360-Degree Cat Toothbrush Review
Our recommendation for the best cat toothbrush is the VTurboWay 360-Degree Cat Toothbrush. We love the ergonomic handle, which has an appealing spiral design and is very easy to rotate in your cat’s mouth. By rotating the toothbrush instead of simply moving it back and forth, you’ll be able to remove more plaque from your cat’s teeth.
This unique design also makes it easy to clean your cat’s gums and teeth while giving them a gentle massage. Since the bristles are very small, you can use this to reach in between the nooks and crannies in your cat’s teeth. The VTurboWay 360-Degree Cat Toothbrush is our pick for the best cat toothbrush available now.
- The 360-degree design on this toothbrush makes it easy to get into tight areas of your cat’s mouth and get them clean.
- Because many cats think this is a toy, it’s easy to convince them to do a brushing.
- The handle is long to give you plenty of control as you are brushing your cats teeth.
- The bristles on this toothbrush are quite stiff at first, and some owners found that they were irritating for cats with sensitive gums.
- Because the bristles are very fine, it can be difficult to clean in between uses.
- Some owners with smaller cats found that this toothbrush was slightly too large for their pet’s mouth.
Sentry Petrodex Dental Kit for Cats Review
The Sentry Petrodex Dental Kit For Cats comes with everything you need to get your cat’s teeth clean. This amazing kit comes with a thin, soft-bristled toothbrush that you can use to remove plaque and debris from every corner of your cat’s mouth. You’ll also get a finger brush and a tube of toothpaste.
As the name suggests, the finger brush fits over your finger and has small bristles for quick brushing. The high-quality toothpaste is made from hydrogen peroxide to safely clean your cat’s teeth. It doesn’t require water and you don’t have to worry about rinsing. The Sentry Petrodex Dental Kit For Cats is an excellent all-in-one kit for healthy teeth and fresh breath.
- This dental kit comes with a malt-flavored toothpaste that is very appealing for cats.
- It has both a traditional and finger brush, so you can alternate to get a true clean for your cat’s mouth.
- Many owners praised the value of this kit, which is more affordable than some of the other dental kits on the market.
- The toothbrush is very long and thin, and doesn’t come with an ergonomic grip.
- While the finger brush is quite soft, the full toothbrush has stiff bristles.
- The toothpaste has a thin but sticky consistency, so it can be tricky to clean off the tools.
H&H Professional Cat Toothbrush Review
The H&H Professional Cat Toothbrush is one of our favorite ways to clean your cat’s teeth. We love how soft the bristles are on this brush, so even the most sensitive kitties won’t feel irritated after a cleaning. The head of the brush is very small and maneuverable.
You can purchase these toothbrushes in packs of four or eight, so there’s no worries if your pet destroys one. The H&H Professional Cat Toothbrush also donates 15 percent of their profits to animal rescue organizations to give back. The H&H Professional Cat Toothbrush is our favorite for small cats and kittens.
- This toothbrush comes in a large pack, so you’ll have extras in the event that one gets damaged.
- The toothbrushes are slim and have small heads, so they are easy to fit in your cat’s mouth.
- The bristles on these brushes are soft, so they won’t irritate your cat’s gums.
- The bristles on this brush aren’t angled, so depending on the shape of your cat’s mouth, it may be difficult to reach the back of some teeth.
- Because the bristles on this brush are soft, they do flatten out over time.
- Some owners felt the handles on the brushes did not provide a good grip.
Kittyteeth Made in The USA Cat Toothbrush Review
The Kittyteeth Made In The USA Cat Brush is top-notch a toothbrush for your feline friend that’s very easy to use. Although it may look like a normal human toothbrush at first glance, when you look a little closer you’ll find that it has a small head with soft, short bristles that don’t cause irritation. This amazing brush has a very durable handle that gives you a good grip. The Kittyteeth Made In The USA Cat Brush has a simple design that’s great for squirmy cats.
- This toothbrush comes with very gentle bristles, which creates a more comfortable experience for cats with sensitive gums or dental issues.
- The head of this toothbrush is long and thin, so it fits in your cat’s mouth comfortably while still covering plenty of space.
- The bristles on the toothbrush are dense and very effective at removing plaque and tartar.
- The handle on this brush is relatively short, which can make it difficult to hold while you’re brushing.
- Some owners found that the head was too long for cats with very small mouths.
- Some owners also found that the value of this brush seemed expensive for what it does.
MIND UP Cat Toothbrush Review
The Mind Up Cat Toothbrush is made in Japan and has a unique design to get your cat’s teeth squeaky clean. This wonderful brush made from a durable ABS resin and has a sleek handle that enables you to get a good grip while cleaning your cat’s teeth. The round brush head has tiny 10mm bristles that can get in between the tiny nooks and crannies in your cat’s mouth. The brush is also angled at 15 degrees for better control. The Mind Up Cat Toothbrush’s unique Japanese design is our top pick for an ergonomic brush.
- This toothbrush has a very small circular head, which makes it a great choice for cats with very small mouths.
- The bristles on this toothbrush are angled, which makes it much easier to reach the teeth at the back of your cat’s mouth.
- The handle has a tapered shape that is very easy to hold.
- The small bristles on this brush can wear down and lose their shape over time.
- Some users found that the bristles were spread very far apart, making it more difficult to clean your cat’s teeth quickly.
- Because the head is so small, some cats licked the toothpaste off before the owner could get a chance to brush.
Things To Know Before Buying a Cat Toothbrush
It’s important to brush your cat’s teeth regularly, but you’ll want to make sure that your toothbrush is up to the job.
Here’s what to look for when selecting a toothbrush for your cat.
What Material a Cat Toothbrush Should Be Made From
One of the most important things to consider when selecting a toothbrush for your cat is the material. You’ll want to make sure that the material can handle repeated use without breaking down. Look for a handle that is made from a tough BPA-free plastic or resin material.
The bristles should also be very soft, so they won’t irritate your cat’s gums.
How Should a Cat Toothbrush Be Designed
A good cat toothbrush will have a sleek design that’s ergonomic and efficient. Many cat toothbrushes are designed with a slight angle, which looks nice and gives you more control while you’re brushing your cat’s teeth.
It Should Be Easy to Use
Getting your cat to let you brush their teeth is tricky enough, so you’ll want to make sure that your toothbrush is relatively easy to use.
It should have a long handle with a small head, as this will allow you to maneuver the toothbrush in your cat’s mouth fairly easily. If the handle is too short, you may not be able to reach the back of their mouth comfortably.
Cat Toothbrushes FAQ
How should I brush my cat’s teeth with a toothbrush?
Brushing your cat’s teeth can be tricky, so you’ll want to make sure that you pick a time when your cat is relaxed and comfortable. Gently pull back your cat’s lips and brush along the area where the teeth meet the gums. You may need to start with just a few teeth at a time, because cats can be very resistant to this. Make sure to give your cat plenty of scratches or even a treat – this will help them think of tooth brushing as a positive experience.
Brushing your cat’s teeth regularly is the best way to prevent ongoing dental problems. A good toothbrush gives you more control and makes it easier to remove pesky plaque from your cat’s mouth. Our top pick is the VTurboWay 360 Degree Cat Toothbrush – we love the unique rotating design for an ultra-clean mouth.