In this guide we’ll look at the best cat carriers for long car trips.
We’ve compared design, size, comfort and cost
to give you our top recommendations.
What is the Best Cat Carrier for Long Car Trips?
More Detailed Cat Carrier Long Car Trip Reviews
Necoichi Cat Carrier & Litter Box Set Review
The Necoichi Cat Carrier & Litter Box Set is our pick for the best cat carrier for long car trips. This incredible cat carrier has everything you need to keep your furry friend comfortable and happy while you are on the road. It’s incredibly roomy, with enough space for your cat to fully stand up and turn around while inside.
This carrier has a mesh window, which you can open and close to keep your cat comfortable. It also comes with a portable litter box that folds down when not in use. With so much space, the Necoichi Cat Carrier & Litter Box Set is the top cat carrier for long car trips on the market.
- This cat carrier comes with a litter box, so your cat can comfortably use the bathroom during long car trips.
- It folds down to a very small size when you’re not using it for easy storage.
- This cat carrier has a soft, comfortable interior where your cat can curl up and relax.
- Because this cat carrier is soft-sided, it can feel slightly floppy at times.
- The handles on this cat carrier are very small, which can make it difficult to carry to and from the car.
- The process of re-folding the carrier after you’ve used it can be difficult.
Coopeter Luxury Soft-Sided Cat Carrier Review
The Coopeter Luxury Soft-Sided Cat Carrier has an incredibly innovative design that gives your cat more room to sprawl out while traveling. It’s a soft-sided model that’s made with a breathable and tear-resistant mesh.
This carrier fits under an airplane seat and has comfortable shoulder straps, so it’s great for air travel. However, the sides zip open and expand into two extra compartments for when you’re on the road.
This carrier is fully ventilated and allows your cat to see outside. However, it also contains a washable fleece bed for them to curl up with. The Coopeter Luxury Soft-Sided Cat Carrier is the best soft-sided cat carrier on the market for long car trips.
- This carrier is expandable to give your cat some extra space, but it can also collapse down to a smaller size as needed.
- The carrier is made from a breathable yet durable mesh that is both secure and easy to clean.
- It has a storage pocket on the top, which is a great place to keep your cat’s favorite toys and treats.
- The handle on this carrier is attached to the base, making it slightly awkward to pull.
- When you take the wheels on this carrier off, it exposes sticky pieces of velcro. These pieces of velcro can stick to the seat of your car or the floor of an airplane.
- Because this carrier is on the larger side, it may not fit under the seat on all airlines.
OMORC Expandable Foldable Cat Carrier Review
The OMORC Expandable Foldable Cat Carrier is an excellent option for any cat owner on the go. There are two expansion compartments on either side of the carrier to give your kitty more space, as well as mesh doors on the front and side of the carrier. This ensures that your cat can see out and get plenty of air flow.
While this carrier is soft-sided, it has a hard base covered in a comfy fleece material that your cat will love. Reflective tape on the outside increases visibility at night. The OMORC Expandable Foldable Cat Carrier is the best expandable cat carrier for long car trips on the market.
- This carrier has a sturdy base that is covered with a comfortable fleece material for your cat to curl up on.
- The carrier has two expandable compartments on the sides, which are made of a breathable mesh that will let your cat see out.
- Reflective tape on the sides of the carrier increases visibility when you’re on the go.
- Particularly determined cats can claw through the mesh in some cases.
- Some users noted that the fleece on the base of the carrier can move around during transit.
- This carrier can be a bit tricky to move around, as the handles do not necessarily provide the best grip.
PPOGOO Large Cat Carrier Review
The PPOGOO Large Cat Carrier is an incredible carrier that’s great for both car and air travel. It’s compact enough to comply with air, bus, or train requirements, but still gives your cat plenty of space to get comfy. Two handles and a shoulder strap make this model very easy to carry.
This carrier has a mesh top and sides, which gives your cat extra room to breathe. It folds down when you aren’t using it for easy storage. The PPOGOO Large Cat Carrier is the best carrier on the market for long air or bus trips.
- This cat carrier is very durable and can withstand plenty of wear and tear while you are on the go.
- The mesh portion of the carrier allows your cat to see outside and makes the carrier much more breathable.
- The carrier comes with an adjustable strap, which makes it easier to carry your cat to and from the car.
- The base of this carrier is not padded, so you may want to put a blanket inside for extra comfort.
- While this carrier is durable, it may not be supportive enough for very heavy cats.
- The base of this carrier is not removable or waterproof, which makes it difficult to clean.
Henkelion Cat Carrier Review
The Henkelion Cat Carrier is an amazing soft-sided carrier that’s perfect for cozy car trips with your cat. It comes in five different colors and is made with a soft yet durable fabric that’s fully waterproof. Mesh windows make the carrier more breathable and enable your cat to see outside.
This carrier has a secure shoulder strap, making it more secure and comfortable to transport your cat. A fleece pet bed gives your cat a comfortable place to lay down and relax. The Henkelion Cat Carrier is our pick for the best affordable cat carrier for long car trips.
- This carrier has several different zippers and panels that open, which means there are several different ways that you can take your cat in and out.
- The carrier has a fleece pad on the inside that gives your cat a comfortable place to curl up and relax.
- The carrier has substantial shoulder straps, which make it very easy to carry while you are on the go.
- Since this carrier is soft sided, it can feel flimsy when it isn’t zipped up all the way.
- The base of the carrier is not designed for easy cleaning, which can be a problem if your cat likes to make a mess in their carrier.
- If your cat is feeling particularly determined, they can claw their way through the mesh on this carrier.
Things to Know Before Buying a Cat Carrier for Long Car Trips
When choosing a cat carrier for a long car trip, you’ll want to choose a model that’s both comfortable and secure for your cat.
Traveling can already be uncomfortable for cats, but a good carrier can minimize the stress for both of you.
Here’s what to consider when choosing a travel carrier for your cat.
The Material Should Be Breathable Yet Durable
The material on your cat’s carrier is a key consideration. It needs to be durable enough to withstand potential scratches or bites from your cat. It’s also helpful if the material is washable, as there’s always the risk of a mess when traveling with your cat.
Finally, it needs to be breathable so your cat does not feel suffocated. Many excellent cat carriers have mesh panels, which give your cat some visibility and help with air flow.
It Should Be Designed For Long Car Trips
The design of the cat carrier is another consideration. The size and shape of the carrier should allow them to move around comfortably while staying secure. You’ll also want to consider where the zips and handles are on the cat carrier. Multiple doors can make it easier to get your cat in and out of a carrier. The handles should be strong enough that you can carry your cat easily.
Your Cat’s Comfort is Key
Comfort is another key consideration when selecting a cat carrier. Since your cat will be on the road for a long time, you’ll need to ensure that they are comfortable and happy. Look for cat carriers with expansions so they can move around as needed. A fleece bed can also help your cat feel a little more comfortable and relaxed.
Finding the best cat carrier for a long car trip can be tricky. You’ll need to ensure that your cat can relax and be safe on the road at the same time. The Necoichi Cat Carrier & Litter Box set is our pick for the best cat carrier for long car trips. It’s incredibly roomy and even comes with a travel friendly litter box to help your cat feel more at home.